what to do

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ccpacker
Posts in topic: 1

what to do

Post by ccpacker »

It has been several weeks now that I get the same message from the DPS site. They say they have received all my required documents, but say finger prints and background check has to be reviewed. Is there something else I need to do to expedite the process?
Peace is better than war, but not peace at any price.
Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate, but don't give away your liberty.
Freedom without responsibility is mere anarchy.

NRA

Teamless

Re: what to do

Post by Teamless »

if it is being reviewed, and there are no documents missing, there is nothing you can do, unless it has been over a certain amount of time (Someone else will chime in with the necessary waiting time)
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Arch Stanton

Post by Arch Stanton »

ccpacker wrote:It has been several weeks now that I get the same message from the DPS site. They say they have received all my required documents, but say finger prints and background check has to be reviewed. Is there something else I need to do to expedite the process?
Probably not. You might want to call just to ask if there is a problem and if they need any more information from you, but in all likelihood yours is probably just not one of the lucky ones that seemingly gets done overnight.

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 2

Post by johnson0317 »

It would not be unusual for it to take four weeks to show a change in status, and this is mentioned in their FAQ section. Carrying a gun becomes a lifestyle of exercising patience...might as well start practicing it now.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

Best answer and recommendation I've seen RJ. Patience is key here. My BG check took 3 weeks for what it's worth.

:txflag:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

jestrada

Post by jestrada »

my BG check took 6 weeks! youll just need to wait. If its been longer then 60 days they will mail you a letter explaining why, so i was told when i called :headscratch

boba

Post by boba »

I heard a rumor that every time an applicant calls or emails, his application gets moved to the bottom of the pile. :biggrinjester:

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Kind of like what happens to your food when you send it back to the kitchen...better hope the cook doesn't have any sinus problems that night.

:smilelol5:
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

johnson0317 wrote:Kind of like what happens to your food when you send it back to the kitchen...better hope the cook doesn't have any sinus problems that night.

:smilelol5:
The squeaky wheel might not like the "grease" it gets. :lol:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

I'd send an e-mail to the governor. During his presidential bid his staff just may put some pressure on the DPS... "rlol"
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”