March 2015

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Texasdoesitbest
Posts in topic: 3

March 2015

Post by Texasdoesitbest »

First time forum member, and first time CHL. I'll kick off March 2015

2/13: Fingerprints
2/14: CHL Class, yes on vday
2/14: Submitted documents online and mailed originals (just in case)
2/17: email confirmation of documents submitted
3/3: Online status changed as of 6 am allowing me to change address, report card stolen etc..

Not a bad turn around time, I do live in Austin and have no record which might have made things go a little faster.

Lets see how fast the plastic gets here being in Austin and all.

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Re: March 2015

Post by jmra »

Welcome to the forum
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Blue5
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Blue5 »

CHL Class: 22 Jan 15
Submitted Paperwork/ Fingerprints: 13 Feb 15
Email Confirmation: 15 Feb 15
Status Changed on the Website: 27 Feb 15

2 March 15: CHL IN HAND!!!!!! :anamatedbanana :thewave

I live in Bell County and lived in Europe for the 2 out of the 5 year background check so I assumed it would take longer. But time frame seems to be about 15 days from start to finish.

Good Luck and see ya during the Wally Walk!
Last edited by Blue5 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death before dismount/ US Army 1999-2006
NRA Life Member
American Legion Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

Blue5 wrote:CHL Class: 22 Jan 15

Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

Texasdoesitbest wrote:First time forum member, and first time CHL. I'll kick off March 2015

2/13: Fingerprints
2/14: CHL Class, yes on vday
2/14: Submitted documents online and mailed originals (just in case)
2/17: email confirmation of documents submitted
3/3: Online status changed as of 6 am allowing me to change address, report card stolen etc..

Not a bad turn around time, I do live in Austin and have no record which might have made things go a little faster.

Lets see how fast the plastic gets here being in Austin and all.

CONGRATS!!!!!! :thumbs2:
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

jmra wrote:
Blue5 wrote:CHL Class: 22 Jan 15

Congrats

Thanks jmra... Really excited...... :woohoo
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

Welcome Texasdoesitbest,

I am also a new member, lots of stuff to read and learn from all these guys and gals.

Enjoy your liberty to carry. :cheers2:

Aj
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

BryanGuy

Post by BryanGuy »

How is everyone's turnaround times so quick? I'm on 3 weeks, and I called today only to have them say that they have all my documents (as they did last week, they were confirmed the 13th of Feb), but the gentleman said that I'm way too early and it would still be another month wait. Is this the same thing they tell everybody? I don't have any arrests, DWIs, etc and sent the scan of my CHL-100 online.

Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

BryanGuy wrote:How is everyone's turnaround times so quick? I'm on 3 weeks, and I called today only to have them say that they have all my documents (as they did last week, they were confirmed the 13th of Feb), but the gentleman said that I'm way too early and it would still be another month wait. Is this the same thing they tell everybody? I don't have any arrests, DWIs, etc and sent the scan of my CHL-100 online.

Yeah, they told me the same thing when I called... Any day you should be seeing changing of status on line, or that is how it was for me. I have also heard that it depends on your county? Don't quote me on this. I am new.......

Good luck and hope you get a change of status soon
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

BryanGuy wrote:How is everyone's turnaround times so quick? I'm on 3 weeks, and I called today only to have them say that they have all my documents (as they did last week, they were confirmed the 13th of Feb), but the gentleman said that I'm way too early and it would still be another month wait. Is this the same thing they tell everybody? I don't have any arrests, DWIs, etc and sent the scan of my CHL-100 online.
Welcome to the forum. Some people have quick turnaround and some not so much. You guys should have been around when people were excited to be in a he 90 day window.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Blue5

Post by Blue5 »

I have heard that as well. My stepfather was a lot longer than 90 days back when he did it. But he also walked up hill both ways to school in the snow barefoot in Granbury Texas..! :totap:

The times have gotten better from what I understand. I could not image waiting that long. but, I am impatient!
NRA Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member

BryanGuy

Post by BryanGuy »

timtheteacher wrote:Welcome to the forum! Glad to see there are still some quick cards. What you said made sense about it probably depends on the county. Counties with small population would probably get a quicker turn around. I have lived in Collin and Denton counties for the past 10 years. Two of the largest with hundreds of applications each week. Now it begins to make sense. Day 35 and counting....
But aren't all the applications going to Austin for processing? I'm wondering why there is such a large variation of wait times. Did people who got a faster turn around mail, fax, or online submit their docs?

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

BryanGuy wrote:
timtheteacher wrote:Welcome to the forum! Glad to see there are still some quick cards. What you said made sense about it probably depends on the county. Counties with small population would probably get a quicker turn around. I have lived in Collin and Denton counties for the past 10 years. Two of the largest with hundreds of applications each week. Now it begins to make sense. Day 35 and counting....
But aren't all the applications going to Austin for processing? I'm wondering why there is such a large variation of wait times. Did people who got a faster turn around mail, fax, or online submit their docs?

I was wondering the same thing... I emailed all my docs and the next day recieved email confirmation of docs recieved. That was 2 weeks ago and still waiting..

Topic author
Texasdoesitbest

Post by Texasdoesitbest »

BryanGuy wrote:
I submitted my docs online, and mailed originals (kept a copy just in case). I will say this, last Friday I was told the same when I called.... Give us at least 30 days still processing paperwork etc, as of today they have informed me plastic is on its way.

I wanted to be sure they received everything! I would have hand delivered it as well if possible.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”