Frustrated with RSD

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
dorevaha
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Frustrated with RSD

#1

Post by dorevaha » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm

My timeline:
11/07 application, 11/19 confirmation email, 01/11 letter about a dismissed arrest 41 years ago. Had to go to county arrest happened at to get a Certified letter that there was not any felony's. 01/15 letter from State Board of Health needing a sanity report from a Doctor due to going to a
Treatment center for four days in 1999. I don't know what kind of power trip these clowns are on but they have surely found my nerve ends.

User avatar

Crossfire
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5378
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:27 am
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#2

Post by Crossfire » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:59 pm

RSD is not comprised of clowns on a power trip. They are hard working folks, just like us, who do their best to make sure that every one who gets a license is actually eligible to have one.

The application instructions clearly state that you need to disclose all arrests and mental health issues. Obviously, you did not; they found it on your background check, and now you have to give them the rest of the story.

That is the process.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com


Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#3

Post by Taypo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Crossfire wrote:RSD is not comprised of clowns on a power trip. They are hard working folks, just like us, who do their best to make sure that every one who gets a license is actually eligible to have one.

The application instructions clearly state that you need to disclose all arrests and mental health issues. Obviously, you did not; they found it on your background check, and now you have to give them the rest of the story.

That is the process.
:iagree:

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#4

Post by Lynyrd » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Taypo wrote:
Crossfire wrote:RSD is not comprised of clowns on a power trip. They are hard working folks, just like us, who do their best to make sure that every one who gets a license is actually eligible to have one.

The application instructions clearly state that you need to disclose all arrests and mental health issues. Obviously, you did not; they found it on your background check, and now you have to give them the rest of the story.

That is the process.
:iagree:
:iagree:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

User avatar

AJSully421
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1420
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: SW Fort Worth

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#5

Post by AJSully421 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:06 pm

If they are asking for more information, that is good... because they have found sufficient reason not to tell you "No", but are giving you a chance to get them some "Yes" information.

Just remember... carrying a handgun on your person in public in Texas is a privilege, not a right.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor


koine2002
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#6

Post by koine2002 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 am

AJSully421 wrote:If they are asking for more information, that is good... because they have found sufficient reason not to tell you "No", but are giving you a chance to get them some "Yes" information.

Just remember... carrying a handgun on your person in public in Texas is a privilege, not a right.
:iagree:

It looks like you left off some information that you were supposed to have included. No one is on a power trip. They're just doing things according to the law. You've got an arrest on your record in which the information regarding the nature of the arrest and final disposition is not readily available. You then provided a certified letter from the court indicating that there were no felonies. However, there are some misdemeanors that are lifetime disqualifiers. A final disposition would've been better. Furthermore it appears that you failed to indicate that you went to a treatment center. Admission to a treatment center is a red flag that there might be either some issues with mental health or with addiction. Both of those, rightfully so, disqualify someone from carrying a gun in public. They're trying to give you a chance to show that you are of sound mind and that the 4 day treatment stay was out of the ordinary for you.
Taurus 709 Slim
Smith and Wesson Model 5904


Topic author
dorevaha
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#7

Post by dorevaha » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:06 am

Thank you for the replies. I did disclose the treatment center on my original application. The Texas Handgun Law states that:
(3) inpatient or residential substance abuse treatment in the preceding five-year period;
My visit was April 1999


amtank
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#8

Post by amtank » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:40 am

AJSully421 wrote:If they are asking for more information, that is good... because they have found sufficient reason not to tell you "No", but are giving you a chance to get them some "Yes" information.

Just remember... carrying a handgun on your person in public in Texas is a privilege, not a right.
I believe the sentence you were looking for is an infringed upon right.

User avatar

AJSully421
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1420
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: SW Fort Worth

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#9

Post by AJSully421 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:08 pm

amtank wrote:
AJSully421 wrote:If they are asking for more information, that is good... because they have found sufficient reason not to tell you "No", but are giving you a chance to get them some "Yes" information.

Just remember... carrying a handgun on your person in public in Texas is a privilege, not a right.
I believe the sentence you were looking for is an infringed upon right.
Yep. We REALLY need to pass a CA to eliminate everything after the semi colon in Art 1, Sec. 23.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor


amtank
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#10

Post by amtank » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:31 pm

That was part of the legislative priority in the Republican Party of Texas platform.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#11

Post by puma guy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:52 pm

When I read the title I thought this thread was about Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, a medical condition I suffer. If you have it you know the title fits. If you simply Google search RSD there's no reference to Regulatory Services Division only the medical malady. I finally found it by adding "Texas". Frustrating :evil2: Good luck, BTW
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


Topic author
dorevaha
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#12

Post by dorevaha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:11 pm

More issues with the RSD. Sent my documents to them on their secure server on Jan. 21. Called the call center on Monday the 25th and was told that they received the documents and they sent another confirmation email. Called 02/02 and they took my phone number and said they would have someone call me. I called again on Monday the 8th after not receiving any phone call. Tuesday the 9th they called and said that I had not sent the documents. I asked them to look harder and they found documents. Said that the other building did not let them know.


Topic author
dorevaha
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#13

Post by dorevaha » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Just called Medical advisory board and found out that I was approved yesterday. Has anyone gone through this process that might know how long the RSD will take to finish processing my application?

User avatar

Pariah3j
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Webster

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#14

Post by Pariah3j » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Sounds like its been a rough ride getting your LTC - but it does sound like you are approved, so now its just a matter of the waiting game... which is probably the hardest. Just know once its said in done, the wait won't feel that bad in retrospect. But everyone on the forum that has their plastic can relate
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson


Topic author
dorevaha
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Frustrated with RSD

#15

Post by dorevaha » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Just got off the phone with the RSD. They said my license was issued today 02/19. Expect plastic in the mail in 10-14 business days. Now I pray that it doesn't get lost in the mail.

Post Reply

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”