First month down...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mjmccluskey
Posts in topic: 2

First month down...

Post by mjmccluskey »

Exactly 30 days since submitting *Tapping Foot Impatiently* :waiting:

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 1

Re: First month down...

Post by sweatmachine »

You're looking at another 30 days, probably.

Nortex
Banned

Post by Nortex »

mjmccluskey wrote:Exactly 30 days since submitting *Tapping Foot Impatiently* :waiting:

If you've never carried may I suggest practicing at home first? I did, and it made me more comfortable. I started off just carrying my unloaded pistol in an IWB holster for a few weeks and then I loaded it and carried it around home for a while. Kinda made me less apprehensive. You may not need to do this though.

mcneyens

Post by mcneyens »

Nortex wrote:
mjmccluskey wrote:Exactly 30 days since submitting *Tapping Foot Impatiently* :waiting:

If you've never carried may I suggest practicing at home first? I did, and it made me more comfortable. I started off just carrying my unloaded pistol in an IWB holster for a few weeks and then I loaded it and carried it around home for a while. Kinda made me less apprehensive. You may not need to do this though.

Couldn't agree more. I carry all the time when hunting (while on my land) so I was comfortable with a gun on my hip. I'm still walking around my house with my IWB rig to get comfortable with that rig and what type of clothes (jean size, t-shirt) work best.

1 week down, the next 7(fingers crossed it's only that many) can't come fast enough!!!

android

Post by android »

Just think, there are over 2000 places where you can no longer carry in Texas since you submitted your application.

Topic author
mjmccluskey

Post by mjmccluskey »

mcneyens wrote:
Nortex wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I carry all the time when hunting (while on my land) so I was comfortable with a gun on my hip. I'm still walking around my house with my IWB rig to get comfortable with that rig and what type of clothes (jean size, t-shirt) work best.

1 week down, the next 7(fingers crossed it's only that many) can't come fast enough!!!
:iagree:

It's like y'all are reading my mind (big letters...lot's of pictures :lol: )...have been playing around with different belt/holster combos for a while now. Have some acreage so I can wonder around the property a bit too! Not sure I have found the best setup yet, but certainly found some that don't work well for me.

Nortex
Banned

Post by Nortex »

android wrote:

Just think, there are over 2000 places where you can no longer carry in Texas since you submitted your application.
yeah and it's all gun owners fault, right?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”