65 days and nothing yet

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Lord Nikon
Posts in topic: 4

65 days and nothing yet

Post by Lord Nikon »

WOW. Nothing. No change in status on site, no paper in the mail, nothing. I am going to call when I get a chance later this week.. but what kills me..a guy at work who is considered legally blind, has to sit in front 3 inches in front of his monitor to see the dang screen, can't drive because he can't really see, took the course, qualified on the test and was issued his already, in fact he got his in under 20 days. I didn't believe him at first, so he showed me the License to Carry with the date.. what the heck

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 65 days and nothing yet

Post by vjallen75 »

Lord Nikon wrote:WOW. Nothing. No change in status on site, no paper in the mail, nothing. I am going to call when I get a chance later this week.. but what kills me..a guy at work who is considered legally blind, has to sit in front 3 inches in front of his monitor to see the dang screen, can't drive because he can't really see, took the course, qualified on the test and was issued his already, in fact he got his in under 20 days. I didn't believe him at first, so he showed me the License to Carry with the date.. what the heck
Welcome to the forum! I understand your frustration, it sucks having to wait for plastic. Others who have had a much longer wait are still waiting and some have gotten very lucky in getting theirs in less than the 60 day time allotted. DPS is swamped with applications that they are still working on. They are heavily understaffed and us calling to complain to them is only going to take away from them working on apps.

Be patient and stay strong. Use this time to carry at home, find SD rounds that work for your gun and visit your local gun range and practice.

Keep us posted on if you hear anything about your app if you do decide to call.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Topic author
Lord Nikon

Post by Lord Nikon »

vjallen75 wrote: Welcome to the forum! I understand your frustration, it sucks having to wait for plastic. Others who have had a much longer wait are still waiting and some have gotten very lucky in getting theirs in less than the 60 day time allotted. DPS is swamped with applications that they are still working on. They are heavily understaffed and us calling to complain to them is only going to take away from them working on apps.

Be patient and stay strong. Use this time to carry at home, find SD rounds that work for your gun and visit your local gun range and practice.

Keep us posted on if you hear anything about your app if you do decide to call.
Thanks!

I am okay with waiting, just kills me that a guy who can't see 2 feet in front of him, passed (weeks after I did) and got his with no issues before I did.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 2

Post by vjallen75 »

Lord Nikon wrote:
Thanks!

I am okay with waiting, just kills me that a guy who can't see 2 feet in front of him, passed (weeks after I did) and got his with no issues before I did.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I wish there was: 1. Some sort of way to make our status instantly available to see, 2. A method to their madness. 20 days is crazy and the fact that like you said he's legally blind doesn't make us feel any better.

I haven't hit my 60 days yet, but I have realized it's ok to wait. Gives me time to get even more comfortable with my gun and carrying it.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Topic author
Lord Nikon

Post by Lord Nikon »

Update.. nothing yet and its almost 80 days. A buddy of mine who took the course with me and we both sent everything into the site the same week, actually got through to the folks on the phone and they said they are so backed up, that anything submitted in 2016, will be now MIN of 90 days and max of 120 days.

Looked on the site today and I saw I got the change information screen.. which I guess means its been approved and on its way?? not sure.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

Lord Nikon wrote:Update.. nothing yet and its almost 80 days. A buddy of mine who took the course with me and we both sent everything into the site the same week, actually got through to the folks on the phone and they said they are so backed up, that anything submitted in 2016, will be now MIN of 90 days and max of 120 days.

Looked on the site today and I saw I got the change information screen.. which I guess means its been approved and on its way?? not sure.
You may see your license tomorrow...if not by Monday. At least, that's been my experience.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Lord Nikon

Post by Lord Nikon »

Flightmare wrote:
You may see your license tomorrow...if not by Monday. At least, that's been my experience.
Well a few more days is worth the wait. I mean after waiting all this time and then hearing my buddy got the information of 90 to 120 days.. I basically stopped worrying and said.. "it is what it is"

Decided on a whim to check today.. boom status change.. yay! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

LTC_Grapevine

Post by LTC_Grapevine »

Lord Nikon wrote:WOW. Nothing. No change in status on site, no paper in the mail, nothing. I am going to call when I get a chance later this week.. but what kills me..a guy at work who is considered legally blind, has to sit in front 3 inches in front of his monitor to see the dang screen, can't drive because he can't really see, took the course, qualified on the test and was issued his already, in fact he got his in under 20 days. I didn't believe him at first, so he showed me the License to Carry with the date.. what the heck
I am at 72 days and still nothing. My wife got hers on April 14th. We applied at the same time (All in Feb 23rd).

rexmitchell

Post by rexmitchell »

LTC_Grapevine wrote:
I am at 72 days and still nothing. My wife got hers on April 14th. We applied at the same time (All in Feb 23rd).
I was right ahead of you, Feb 18th and it took 74 days to get mine. Should be soon.

JoCannonIV

Post by JoCannonIV »

I am at 81 days, last I heard it was in background on April 22. There have been some go as long as 100+ days and then some in less than 30 days. No rhyme or reason.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”