Wait time for non resident Virginia permits

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Wait time for non resident Virginia permits

Post by FloridaViaMissouri »

I still have not got my permit yet and it's been over 90 days. Does anyone know the number I can call to check on it? I figure calling this time would be better than emailing them. I can't find their number anywhere for the firearms licensing division.

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

Called today about my permit. They're running a few days behind as expected because of all the crap going on the last 6 months but hopefully it will be issued soon they said.

Since when does the US constitution say anything about being taxed to BEAR arms?

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

Still no permit. I will call again on Thur after my mail gets here if I don't get it.

If I'm correct Texas offers permits to non residents right? How do I go about that?

Topic author
FloridaViaMissouri

Permit arrived in the mail after 100 something days! I'm back up to three permits now even though Florida wont honor this. Still good to have extra ones in case my FL permit expired or something I can still carry in other states like Missouri or Texas for example. Silly Florida wont honor out of state permits for Floridian's like Texas does. FL has huge backlogs and it takes awhile to get in to apply for a permit. We should have the option to get an out of state one if it's faster.

chesbass@gmail.com
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chesbass@gmail.com »

:patriot: I called Virginia State Police yesterday asking about my non-residential CCW permit. It is almost been 90 days since I applied and I received my letter of receipt at least two to 4 weeks ago. The officer told me or the person on the phone that it could be another six to eight weeks because they are so backed up. Patiently waiting

longgar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longgar »

My Virginia Non Res permit package was mailed at the end of June/2017, payment was proceesed on July 28th and I was told they are running about 180 days now from the time your payment was processed.. Patiently waiting...and waiting..and..

chesbass@gmail.com
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chesbass@gmail.com »

It took 6 months to the day almost to receive my Virginia non residents ccw. Totally unacceptable. I called them a few times asking what the status was of my permit and all they would tell me is that it was held up in federal background checking. Hogwash!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”