What is meant by status change?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 4

What is meant by status change?

Post by LTCTLB »

Be easy on me as I'm a new 'waiter' for LTC, but I want to ensure I understand the meaning of 'status change'. I check RSD routinely and the status has been the same since I received my 'all in' email on 5/12/16. So, my question is: does the status only change once approved or is there an intermediate change that shows they are in background phase? By what I've read in these forums I've concluded it only changed once approved or rejected.

My 'all in' notice stated, "Please allow up to six weeks for processing. We will notify you by mail, if any further information or additional documents are required."

Thank everyone in advance for the support that is likely ahead in my wait.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What is meant by status change?

Post by Flightmare »

When people are posting that they had a "status change", what they are saying is that they now have the option to change their address on the website. In my experience, this is usually shown within a few days of receiving the physical card in hand. So I would assume that it only shows this option once it has been either sent to print, or has already been printed and sent off. Anyways, keep being patient. The guys at RSD are working as fast as they can.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

Flightmare wrote:When people are posting that they had a "status change", what they are saying is that they now have the option to change their address on the website. In my experience, this is usually shown within a few days of receiving the physical card in hand. So I would assume that it only shows this option once it has been either sent to print, or has already been printed and sent off. Anyways, keep being patient. The guys at RSD are working as fast as they can.
Thank you, Flightmare. Patience indeed is a virtue - one at which I struggle. However, I do understand RSD is trying to catch up and have implemented several changes to speed up the catch up process. I travel to NC at the end of June and would love to have plastic in hand so as not to worry over how to carry in a vehicle. I'll be flying and staying with family in NC and SC, which have different vehicle carry laws for non-chl holders.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Nano
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Nano »

When you said that you received your "all in" status did that mean that they received your application, electronic fingerprints, and CHL-100? Or was it like this that my wife received? "This email confirms you have submitted an online application. See below for the checklist of items required to complete your application. If you have already submitted the required items, please do not send additional copies." She received this on April 7 and nothing since.

Update: We just checked her status and for the first time "Change Information" appeared. Such things as residential address, email address, etc. Maybe things are moving.
NRA Member

Topic author
LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

Nano wrote:When you said that you received your "all in" status did that mean that they received your application, electronic fingerprints, and CHL-100? Or was it like this that my wife received? "This email confirms you have submitted an online application. See below for the checklist of items required to complete your application. If you have already submitted the required items, please do not send additional copies." She received this on April 7 and nothing since.

Update: We just checked her status and for the first time "Change Information" appeared. Such things as residential address, email address, etc. Maybe things are moving.
That is awesome news, Nano.

The "all in" email was received after fingerprinting and submitting all my required documents. The RDS email stated:
"Note: This email address does not accept reply correspondence.
We have received your License To Carry supporting documents. Please allow up to six weeks for processing.
We will notify you by mail, if any further information or additional documents are required.
If you need further assistance, please submit your inquiries at our Contact Us web page."

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Nano wrote:When you said that you received your "all in" status did that mean that they received your application, electronic fingerprints, and CHL-100? Or was it like this that my wife received? "This email confirms you have submitted an online application. See below for the checklist of items required to complete your application. If you have already submitted the required items, please do not send additional copies." She received this on April 7 and nothing since.

:clapping: that is great! It means that your apporved and will probably be in your mailbox on monday (or soon after)!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Nano

Post by Nano »

TreyHouston wrote:

:clapping: that is great! It means that your apporved and will probably be in your mailbox on monday (or soon after)!!
I sure hope you are right Trey. If this proves to be true it will mean that things are really speeding up. She took her class on April 5. I'll post when it comes in. :hurry:
NRA Member

Nano

Post by Nano »

It's HERE!!! My wife's LTC came in the mail today. This is the shortest waiting time that I have heard of. Things are definitely looking up. :woohoo
Timeline:
4/5 Completed LTC training
4/6 Completed online application
4/7 Fingerprints and mailed CHL-100
5/21 Status change
5/23 Received plastic
Never called DPS or anyone to help speed up the process. When I bought the LCP and extra mag I told her it was hers if she got her LTC. She claimed it. She shoots it very well. 48 days class to plastic.
Last edited by Nano on Mon May 23, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Member

Topic author
LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

Nano wrote:It's HERE!!! My wife's LTC came in the mail today. This is the shortest waiting time that I have heard of. Things are definitely looking up. :woohoo
Timeline:
5/21 Status change
5/23 Received plastic
Never called DPS or anyone to help speed up the process. Just lost my LCP and extra mag.
That is awesome, Nano. Congrats.

PhilBob

Post by PhilBob »

Nano wrote:It's HERE!!! My wife's LTC came in the mail today. This is the shortest waiting time that I have heard of. Things are definitely looking up. :woohoo
Timeline:
5/21 Status change
5/23 Received plastic
Never called DPS or anyone to help speed up the process. Just lost my LCP and extra mag.
Definitely looks like the pace is picking up. Congratulations!

golfnut

Post by golfnut »

Timeline:
5/21 Status change
5/23 Received plastic
Never called DPS or anyone to help speed up the process. When I bought the LCP and extra mag I told her it was hers if she got her LTC. She claimed it. She shoots it very well. 48 days class to plastic.
Buddy mine got his May 9th..was all in 03/28/16...Pretty quick also.

chl-dawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chl-dawg »

glad things are moving - i've submitted my application 6/24, got finger prints today 6/21 and i had mailed/emailed my form 100 today as well.
i am hoping for a 30-40 day wait...

Morbidrealities

Post by Morbidrealities »

chl-dawg wrote:glad things are moving - i've submitted my application 6/24, got finger prints today 6/21 and i had mailed/emailed my form 100 today as well.

It will probably be sooner. They're, for some reason, processing new apps really quick. I submitted 6/13 all in. Had a hiccup where they needed me to re submit my DD214 and LTC100 on 6/27 and now I'm just waiting for my permit to print. Some guys are waiting from a few months back still. I was okay to wait until the end of August due to a NR Florida permit. Kinda sucks to see all these guys that are 70 and more days still waiting.

chl-dawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chl-dawg »

Morbidrealities wrote:
chl-dawg wrote:glad things are moving - i've submitted my application 6/24, got finger prints today 6/21 and i had mailed/emailed my form 100 today as well.

It will probably be sooner. They're, for some reason, processing new apps really quick. I submitted 6/13 all in. Had a hiccup where they needed me to re submit my DD214 and LTC100 on 6/27 and now I'm just waiting for my permit to print. Some guys are waiting from a few months back still. I was okay to wait until the end of August due to a NR Florida permit. Kinda sucks to see all these guys that are 70 and more days still waiting.
you're right it is going faster for new applications. i submitted mine on 6/21 for all needed documents and my 'mailed' status changed 7/2 or 7/1 i can't remember! i am hoping to get my plastic today or tomorrow.

Kevo
Banned

Post by Kevo »

Lol, I'm still waiting for mine to change

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”