Worried about nothing

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
UTLaw
Posts in topic: 2

Worried about nothing

Post by UTLaw »

Took an LTC class with my girlfriend in mid August. Submitted our paperwork at the same time; she got her license in 2.5 weeks. Made me nervous that something was wrong with my app. Nope! All is good. License is in the mail! :woohoo Pretty pumped to be able to carry on campus. I had a license in another state for 4 years, but it expired over the summer. I've missed carrying.

I wonder how long the mailing will take. I live like a block away from DPS HQ and the Regulatory Services department here in Austin.

Submitted: Aug. 17
Background Complete: Sep. 30
Printed: Oct 3.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Worried about nothing

Post by ELB »

UTLaw wrote:... I live like a block away from DPS HQ and the Regulatory Services department here in Austin.
Hah! Probably will go downtown for sorting and right back to the same mail carrier for delivery.

Welcome to the board!
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Welcome to the forum. :tiphat: It will be good to get someone at UT to be able to provide their prospective on that campus, since we have only gotten second and third hand info.

Keep us updated, regarding you campus carry experiences, the comments from others on campus, pro and con, and be safe. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

A friend of min had his status changed to mailed last Friday. He got his plastic in the mail yesterday.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
UTLaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by UTLaw »

Got the plastic today (10/5)! :txflag: :anamatedbanana

Also I look forward to keep y'all in the loop about all the ridiculousness going on with UT's anti-carry movement. So far they've been 100% unsuccessful. A few of my law professors have thrown fits, but I'm guessing they'll calm down as the year goes on.

_Dire_Wolf

Post by _Dire_Wolf »

I'm currently at UH in Houston and most of my professors this year have taken a don't ask don't tell policy. A few have asked to the general class for any of us who choose to carry to keep it safe and out of sight. The rest have not mentioned it at all. I'm waiting thought to get a email from campus security about the first person they get called about for "showing" their guns.

I do have to laugh at the law because I know many people that have carried to campus for years with or without the law.

Varget

Post by Varget »

UTLaw wrote:Got the plastic today (10/5)! :txflag: :anamatedbanana

Also I look forward to keep y'all in the loop about all the ridiculousness going on with UT's anti-carry movement. So far they've been 100% unsuccessful. A few of my law professors have thrown fits, but I'm guessing they'll calm down as the year goes on.
Law professors throwing fits about people obeying the law after said people beg the government for permission to excersise their constitutional right...the irony is thick with this.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”