2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

007Glock
Posts in topic: 27

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by 007Glock »

GlockGirl wrote:Yes, you can submit via the RSD website. That is how I submitted my disposition document. Get ready for a loooooooonnnnngggggg wait. It has been over 3 months since they received my document and I am still waiting. :headscratch
So whatever happened with your state rep? What did they say?

infoman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by infoman »

CCF8782 wrote:So my time line is a little different and let me make a few suggestions to get things moving along. So 20 yrs ago I was arrested and the charges were dismissed. Just because of an arrest, this changes your timeline significantly. Do not despair, as long as you DO NOT have a conviction. You will be fine, but they are going to make you wait. :banghead:

Here's my timeline

Submitted application: 2/4/2017
Fingerprints: 2/5/2017
Submitted supporting documents to RSD same day as application: 2/5/2017
Receipt of supporting documents from RSD: 2/14/2017
Submitted supporting documents from arrest dismissal: 4/19/2017
Print Pending: 5/1/2017 :woohoo

Should be here in 7-14 days according to the email, saying I was "Approved" and it was being printed.

So I obtained a Federal VAF number and put that information with the application. Thinking that would help things...Well..I waited and waited anwaited..No Movement and all I get from girl who answers the phone is you are still going through the background check. I forgot to email a copy of all my certified court docs showing "No Conviction" and it was expunged. I sent a copy of my original "Disposition" showing dismissed and my firearm rights were restored, Certified letter from the State AG office showing it was dismissed and I also got a copy of my FBI report and sent that along with it to showing my dismissal. I sent this information April 19th and then we got some movement.

Let me make this statement. They say they have 60 days, but that's just if you have a clean record. If you have a blemish..It will take about 3 months. :bigmouth :mad5

I am now waiting for my license, but 7-14 more days isn't going to make much of a difference. I do also have an Arizona CCW and Virginia CHL..So i wasn't really worried, but they do take forever! I know there is a Bill to do Constitutional Carry in Texas. HB1911. I think that is a great thing, but I would get a CHL/LTC so if you travel to other states you are legal.

What I don't understand is why Texas takes soooo long. Arizona was about 3 weeks and Virginia was about 4-5 Weeks. They asked for all of the same information and I provided documentation..But darn!! 3 months for Texas..Geesh..Hope this helps.
Arizona's population is like 6-8 million.. Texas is like 28 million. (roughly give or take).

Kuhn
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Kuhn »

Called DPS and Sherry told me the case disposition must be a certified letter from the court.

GlockGirl
Posts in topic: 10

Post by GlockGirl »

The letter I received from them states no where on it that it has to be certified. It just states a copy of the disposition documents from the court. Again, I think they make their rules up as they go and depending on what kind of mood they are in that day! Every person you talk to tells you something different! Absolutley ridiculous! :mad5

I called this morning too and spoke with Joyce. I asked her how their system works because I am confused as to how someone that provided dispositon documents in January is still waitng and someone who provided their disposition paperwork 3 months later has their license before the the person who submitted in January. She couldn't answer that question. She is supposed to have someone call me but I won't hold my breath! :banghead:

Kuhn

Post by Kuhn »

05/05/17 0827 I sent non certified case disposition documents through DPS web site for case disposition document only area.

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

GlockGirl wrote:The letter I received from them states no where on it that it has to be certified. It just states a copy of the disposition documents from the court. Again, I think they make their rules up as they go and depending on what kind of mood they are in that day! Every person you talk to tells you something different! Absolutley ridiculous! :mad5

I called this morning too and spoke with Joyce. I asked her how their system works because I am confused as to how someone that provided dispositon documents in January is still waitng and someone who provided their disposition paperwork 3 months later has their license before the the person who submitted in January. She couldn't answer that question. She is supposed to have someone call me but I won't hold my breath! :banghead:
So did anything happen with that? And also, did anything happen with your state rep? If they don't approve or deny in 60 days, then they need to at least let you know in that 60 pay period and send a letter, and then it can be 180 days. Since you never received a letter because you mailed everything in originally, you should of definitely heard something by now. That's why I am wondering how your state rep worked out for you? Did you ever get a call back from Joyce?

Kuhn

Post by Kuhn »

I submitted all paperwork at 1931 hours on 03/27/17
I did not properly attache the CHL100 and DD-214.
I correctly attached DD214 & CHL100 on 04/03/17 at 1737 hours
I sent an non-certified copy of my case disposition via DPS web site at 1000 hours on 05/05/17.

Print Pending on Sunday 05/07/17 at 0913.
Application : Received

Fingerprints : Received
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
License To Carry A Handgun : Print Pending
Application : Received
Fingerprints : Received
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Completed
05/12/17 at 0719 hours status changed to mailed.
License To Carry A Handgun : Mailed
05/15/17 at 1627 hours PIH Plastic In Hand. 53 Calendar days.
:woohoo
:anamatedbanana
May God Bless Our Troops and Our Tomahawk Cruise Missiles
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave
Last edited by Kuhn on Mon May 15, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

GlockGirl

Post by GlockGirl »

FINALLY, print pending this morning! :thewave

14 weeks and 3 days later! :grumble

I started calling every morning and emailing every day. Sadly, that is what it takes sometimes to get things done!

Never heard a word back from my state rep! Guess who I will not vote for next time!!! :smash:

mppedersen
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mppedersen »

[quote="GlockGirl"]FINALLY, print pending this morning! :thewave

I went to print pending this morning also. :anamatedbanana

GlockGirl beers on me next time I'm out to celebrate.

GlockGirl

Post by GlockGirl »

mppedersen wrote:
GlockGirl wrote:FINALLY, print pending this morning! :thewave

I went to print pending this morning also. :anamatedbanana

GlockGirl beers on me next time I'm out to celebrate.

You got it mppederson!!!!! :woohoo

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

GlockGirl wrote:FINALLY, print pending this morning! :thewave

14 weeks and 3 days later! :grumble

I started calling every morning and emailing every day. Sadly, that is what it takes sometimes to get things done!

Never heard a word back from my state rep! Guess who I will not vote for next time!!! :smash:
Congratulations!!! :thewave I guess it's down to me now for the dreadful long wait. What did you say to them when you emailed them and called them?
Any tips or suggestions?

ClintHTx
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ClintHTx »

Ok guys I don't have all the specifics but....
Submitted 2/4/17
Mailed in hand today 5/13/17

Seemed to take long for me. But who knows. I had 2 juvi misdemeanors.

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

ClintHTx wrote:Ok guys I don't have all the specifics but....
Submitted 2/4/17
Mailed in hand today 5/13/17

Seemed to take long for me. But who knows. I had 2 juvi misdemeanors.
I'm trying to gauge my time on my pending application. Do you mean 3/4/17? Your prior posts said March 4th, but now you're saying February 4th.

ClintHTx
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ClintHTx »

Sorry yeah I meant 3/4/17

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

ClintHTx wrote:Sorry yeah I meant 3/4/17
Sounds correct in what it should take, 60 days. That's just a little over 60 days. I hope mine comes that fast with having one misdemeanor on my record. I've been reading stories of people having to go 90 and 120 days.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”