Background check review time with having lived out of state

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Beardo
Posts in topic: 3

Background check review time with having lived out of state

Post by Beardo »

What kind of wait times has everyone been seeing with having lived out of state in the last 5 years? I have been in Texas since July of last year, and lived in Colorado before that.

I know from having background checks done when I lived in Colorado that it took them about a week to get info from Idaho (my home state.)

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Background check review time with having lived out of state

Post by strogg »

From what I gather here on the boards, coupled with my experience as a POW in California, it all depends on the complexity of your background. Mine is very simple and straightforward. In fact, my whole life as far as the DPS is interested can be summed up in half a page. Because of that, my application only took 2 weeks before they mailed out my LTC. The whole process took < 3 weeks from me making my first move going to a class to me putting my LTC in my wallet. This is also considering at the time I've only been in the state for a month and a half.

Others who have a more complicated background or have things come up that require more probing are less fortunate. I think more depends on that than on where you used to live, although I believe both to be a factor. One thing is for sure, though. The sooner you submit the application, the sooner you will get your LTC. Simple as that. Good luck!

Topic author
Beardo

Post by Beardo »

strogg wrote:From what I gather here on the boards, coupled with my experience as a POW in California, it all depends on the complexity of your background. Mine is very simple and straightforward. In fact, my whole life as far as the DPS is interested can be summed up in half a page. Because of that, my application only took 2 weeks before they mailed out my LTC. The whole process took < 3 weeks from me making my first move going to a class to me putting my LTC in my wallet. This is also considering at the time I've only been in the state for a month and a half.

Others who have a more complicated background or have things come up that require more probing are less fortunate. I think more depends on that than on where you used to live, although I believe both to be a factor. One thing is for sure, though. The sooner you submit the application, the sooner you will get your LTC. Simple as that. Good luck!
That makes me a little more hopeful of getting it done soon. I took my class several months ago, and did the application about a week ago.

My entire criminal history consists of

A citation for improper backing in 2002- charges dropped because it occurred on private property

A red light picture ticket in 2006- paid

A speeding ticket in 2010-paid

Not much to look at!

Topic author
Beardo

Post by Beardo »

For those who may be looking at this post for future reference: It took exactly 1 week to process and review my background check with having lived in both Texas and Colorado.

Tru2no1

Post by Tru2no1 »

I have been waiting since Nov. All info sent in, status still shows finger print pending, and background check as well. What is the holdup. Nothing more than a speeding ticket back in 2014. Moved to Texas in 2003, been a resident since. This is so grueling.....

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Tru2no1 wrote:I have been waiting since Nov. All info sent in, status still shows finger print pending, and background check as well. What is the holdup. Nothing more than a speeding ticket back in 2014. Moved to Texas in 2003, been a resident since. This is so grueling.....
You should call DPS and find out what is going on.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”