2018 New LTC Processing Timeline...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

LadyShooter
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 2018 New LTC Processing Timeline...

Post by LadyShooter »

Took CHL class 5/27, submitted application/documents 5/29. 5/30, Green checks for all except Background, Fingerprints, Printing. Fingerprint status today still shows Red, other 2 Yellow. I went 6/5 to Identogo and had my digital fingerprints done. ISSUE: During one hand’s 4 finger prints, “low quality” showed, she redid and got a green check. Other hand was ok. She went on to do individual finger prints. Right hand did fine and I am right handed. Left hand...2 fingers showed “failed to match”, she redid finger 3 times, all showing failed to match. She would move on to next finger. I thought she must know what she is doing so didn’t ask any questions. I googled it when I got home and saw that if fingerprints can’t be read during background check, you may have to go back and redo. If they can’t read the second time a name only background check will be done, greatly adding to the timeline. I have nothing for them to uncover in my background, always lived in Tx, so a shame if this creates any time lag.
Anybody else encountered this issue?

cdwieg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cdwieg »

My thoughts would be:

1) Digital imaging for prints is nice because you don’t get the smearing of ink and the print “lines” can have better clarity. But with that said, sometimes people’s fingerprints just don’t print well regardless of the medium (ink or digital). I saw it a lot during the days of an ink pad; the distortion was sometimes horrible and there are less instances with digital printing but it still happens.

2) If you ever had your fingerprints taken before such as for a background check for work or something else then the FBI will have them on file then they can do a 99.99%+ match based on your name and other vital information by performing a comparative analysis with the latest round of submitted fingerprints. It’s a fairly simple process and only takes a few minutes longer.

3) You saying you’ve lived your entire life in Texas doesn’t mean much to the DPS. For example, they know things happen on vacation or spring break. [ :woohoo ] Anyway, the DPS will have to do a national search based on your name and other data such as DOB, race, gender, height, weight, etc. Anything unique helps their process but it will take much longer.

I know… it sucks.

LadyShooter

Post by LadyShooter »

No, never had my fingerprints done before. I am 71 and NOT unique soooo this may be a long process.

LadyShooter

Post by LadyShooter »

Well, NM, this morning all is green and Print Pending!!!

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Just wanted to jump on this thread, to update everyone on the newest LTC holder in the Jusme family. :hurry:
Mrs. Jusme took her LTC class on March 18, due to a death in the family she didn't get fingerprinted until the second week of April, but received her plastic on May 7.

She still does not carry everyday, but is looking into different carry methods. I'm very proud of her. She had said for years, that she didn't need to carry a gun, but, seeing the current state of the country, and the need for protection, wherever one may be, has convinced her that being armed, is necessary.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

losack93

Post by losack93 »

5/15 Filled out application
6/8 Took class
6/9 uploaded ltc-100
6/11 Fingerprints
6/15 First update online, all green but background check
6/21 Background completed
6/23 mailed

Haven't been home to check and see if its in the mail box yet

pincushion1979
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pincushion1979 »

I filed my application and submitted finger prints on 5/10. Submitted my LTC-100 yesterday 7/22. Background check and finger prints still show Under Review. Emailed them today, will probably follow up with a phone call. Kind of ridiculous that 2 1/2 months later, they haven't ok'd my background or prints.

Update:
Was told they don't start processing anything until all required documents are received. Bummer.

pincushion1979

Post by pincushion1979 »

Print Pending!!!

RevKev

Post by RevKev »

Ok I think it’s only fair for me to post my timeline as I really watched allot of you get yours in my long wait to get mine, I got affirmation of all received on 05/30/2018, about a week later my page showed up online and all was green except for prints and background, I realized within the first week as well that I needed to send in supporting docs and did so but got an email back from them after a few calls stating no info was needed that my application was being processed, I finally went all green 08/24/2018, I can only tell you that I have a security clearance with the state, it is my advice that if you do, send that with your original application as well as other supporting docs, I have never found out if this was the reason mine took almost 3 months but I can tell you that when I purchased 3 of my handguns I also had to wait for over 24hrs on each of those because according to the place I buy my equipment, having a security clearance of any kind flags you and then they must dig all that up so it wouldn’t hurt just to send it, or wait for 3 nerve racked month as I did cause your mind can really start racing when you see so many getting their license and your getting passsed up by everyone, crazy I tell ya but thankful that I am a memeber of the LTC club!

jar

Post by jar »

I was pleasantly surprised at how fast the process was but somewhat disappointed that the actual tests were so easy. In my case the process took nine days including a weekend from submitting all the paperwork to license in hand.

Ham Sandwich

Post by Ham Sandwich »

Submitted like week ago, currently waiting on plastic. Turnaround was fast.

yucatisu

Post by yucatisu »

09/26 Finger print
09/29 LTC class completion
10/01 Status available on website pending B/G
10/12 ... B/G still pending

(20, no arrest record, no speeding ticket, military, and whyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Mattmc0416

Post by Mattmc0416 »

11/21 submitted application
11/26 submitted fingerprints
12/01 took class and submitted LTC-100
12/08 all green except pending FP, BC, and print

I have lived in 10 states, had a top secret security clearance in the navy, adsep discharge from military, and a class b misdemeanor 6 years ago.

Will be interesting how long this takes.

12/19 UPDATE: Still waiting on fingerprints to go green. It has been 19 days and counting. Makes no sense.
12/28 UPDATE: Still waiting for fingerprints to go green. It’s now 28 days. How long does it take to review fingerprints. Geez
01/06 UPDATE: Still waiting for fingerprints and BC. Not sure what the delay is on the fingerprints. I have not received information to take new ones. Will call next Friday if no status change.
01/20 UPDATE:Received letter stating they needed disposition of an arrest. I missed ships movement and was given restriction. How do they even know that. And why is that a factor. It was like missing work. Wasn’t a big deal. I had to download my entire military record and submit. I submitted my ENTIRE military record same day as letter received.
01/23 UPDATE: received email that my documents have been received and my application is being moved back into process.
01/29 UPDATE: Print Pending!! Woohoo it’s on its way!!

Even requesting additional information it is gong to beat the 60 day timeline.
Last edited by Mattmc0416 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dantastic

Post by Dantastic »

Hello all.
I've been enjoying this forum for almost 4 months now.
Quick timeline of my experience:

9/17 - Online application
9/20 - Fingerprints
9/22 - Class
9/24 - All documents received
10/25 - Letter from MAB needing my doctor to fill out some paperwork regarding depression I went through last year
10/29 - I emailed 4 pages of documents to MAB ( I also 'Snail Mailed' them a week later)
11/28 - I called the MAB. They said they had not received anything from me. I ended up having to email each page separately. A 2 MB file is apparently too large for their email to handle.
11/29 - MAB emailed me and stated they had received the documents and they would review my case on 12/13.
1/12 - Print Pending
1/15 - Mailed
1/17 - Plastic in hand

:hurry: Almost 4 months of checking the status everyday.
Glad to be here.

NYC2ATX

Post by NYC2ATX »

12/28/18 - Application Submitted (including class docs)
1/02/19 - Prints submitted

Called DPS to confirm all necessary documents have been submitted and was told yes.

As of today, 1/24/19, no plastic and no updates on online.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”