Time frame

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
wfrentress
Posts in topic: 9

Time frame

Post by wfrentress »

So how long does it usually take from the time you start the application. Till DPS update your status

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Time frame

Post by OneGun »

It can take a couple of weeks.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
wfrentress

Post by wfrentress »

You would think way technology is things would move faster. By myself not being a very patient person waiting for this process. Maybe due to the fact of my past I do have 2 DUIs both of them well over 10 years even have my Department of Health Service license for EMT. Just makes me wonder if I'll pass or not

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

If the State will Certify you as an EMT then you should be ok on your LTC, the State is pretty picky about who get a Certification! And FYI anything that would make them pull one certificate will make them pull both!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

As of late the current trend that I have seen is it’s been taking around 2-3 weeks for plastic in hand sometimes sooner. As long as you get the right paperwork sent it and you don’t have anything that could cause yours to go slower it shouldn’t be long. Back when I got mine a little over 2 years ago it took 28 days. That was before DPS had the status update bubbles. Then right after that when 2016 started and it was election year everyone got scared and went and took the class. I saw it taking up to 6 months for some guys.

Right now in the mean time its a good idea you start carrying at your house and get used to the way the gun feels and how the holster works. You may find that combination doesn’t work. Also try different positions to see where it’s most comfortable. Remember that carrying a gun isn’t the most comfortable thing in the world to do but it does get better and the main thing is to carry and stay consistent. The day you don’t have your gun is the day you may need it! Once you have been doin this a while you will end up like most of us and have a dedicated “holster drawer” that used to House clothing but now it houses leather and kydex.

J_tx806
Posts in topic: 4

Post by J_tx806 »

:banghead:

It's been 24 days

Background: under review

Finger prints: under review

Still waiting

Topic author
wfrentress

Post by wfrentress »

I don't even have the bubbles yet TV show where I'm at and status

J_tx806
Posts in topic: 4

Post by J_tx806 »

Takes a few days for anything to post

Topic author
wfrentress

Post by wfrentress »

I'm right at 3 weeks

Topic author
wfrentress

Post by wfrentress »

Here's a question, my CHL 100 was taking 916 2016. Misplaced it in the house founded few weeks ago started my application. Question is as my CHL 100 expired. Would this have any problems or issues for my application

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

wfrentress wrote:Here's a question, my CHL 100 was taking 916 2016. Misplaced it in the house founded few weeks ago started my application. Question is as my CHL 100 expired. Would this have any problems or issues for my application
The CHL-100 is good for 2 years. Application is only good for 1 year.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

superstar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by superstar »

I wouldn't worry much about the time frame as long as you can view the status online, have patience and be lucky you are not waiting for an NFA stamp lol.

Topic author
wfrentress

Post by wfrentress »

No status on web page just the standard, give us time to process that's all I see

Topic author
wfrentress

Post by wfrentress »

:hurry: :hurry:

Page updated

Print pending

Background under review

Topic author
wfrentress