Calling the DPS?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Neverenough
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Calling the DPS?

Post by Neverenough »

Awesome! Same here :cheers2:

Neverenough

Post by Neverenough »

Status changed to "Mailed", this morning. Lesson learned here...correspond with DPS via the website vs calling.

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grundy1133 »

im starting to think theres something to contacting them, and the speed at which your application is processed... theres lots of evidence on this forum that would suggest my theory as correct, but who knows if its true or not.
NRA Member

flipmasterJ
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flipmasterJ »

Neverenough wrote:Status changed to "Mailed", this morning. Lesson learned here...correspond with DPS via the website vs calling.
Same here, marked mailed as of yesterday.

flipmasterJ
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flipmasterJ »

flipmasterJ wrote:
Neverenough wrote:Status changed to "Mailed", this morning. Lesson learned here...correspond with DPS via the website vs calling.
Plastic in hand as of yesterday.

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grundy1133 »

flipmasterJ wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:
We need more people to test my theory lol.
NRA Member

Neverenough

Post by Neverenough »

Neither of us were getting movement, until we submitted a question via their link online. Mine was also mailed, but my USPS delivery sucks...hoping to have it today. I called repeatedly (5 times) and nothing happened....sent a question online...BOOM...movement.

TwoBit
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TwoBit »

Grundy1133 wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:
Mine stuck stagnant since 2/14. I sent an email to them on the 3/26 and two days later I was green across the boards except "print pending" where I'm at currently.

Neverenough

Post by Neverenough »

Mine showed up yesterday! I don't think the people who answer the phone are the ones doing the processing....in one of my 5 calls, they said I should have changed status and that they were going to contact the processing team. I wonder if the processing team are the ones answering emails/web inquiries. FWIW....i went to Print Pending Monday or Tuesday and it was delivered to Dallas yesterday (Thursday).

JSMalone

Post by JSMalone »

I too , did the online vs the call DPS and mine changed to complete / now it just say print pending. So everyone who calls , should just email the request. I'm not 100% sure that's what caused mine to go faster, but it may have helped. I submitted my final stuff on 3-3-18 and did my class 16 months ago to put my $0.02 out there
Good luck everyone. Have a safe and Happy Easter. God bless you all and GOD BLESS TEXAS :txflag:

thinkmac
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thinkmac »

My background check has been under review since Feb 23rd. So I am cool with testing out the theory, but what do I say? I don't want to seem rude, and I do know they have 60 days to process the application.

Update: I just submitted a polite status request online and see where that takes me.

Neverenough

Post by Neverenough »

Interested to see what happens...I basically said the same thing.....that I spoke to different people and received different feedback and while everyone has been nice, I just wanted to understand what the status of my app was.

thinkmac
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thinkmac »

Got a reply today. The response is interesting in that, he informed me that the application is indeed still in process. However, it will take up to 8 business weeks for the application to process through. I guess it is not 60 days. More like 60 business days or 12 weeks. So it can take up to 3 months to go through.

Well, patience is a virtue. As long as the current gun control media doesn't curtail the LTC licensing, I am fine with the wait.

Here is the word for word response from DPS RSD
Our records indicate your application is still processing. No additional documentation is needed at this time. This can take up to eight (8) business weeks to complete once your application is submitted and starts from the date on which all documents are received.

Neverenough

Post by Neverenough »

That seems like a really long time for a background check. Did you live overseas? Have a criminal record? Currently residing in a Prison? :lol:

I bet you get some movement ASAP! I have not heard of it taking that long for anyone else?

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Grundy1133 wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:
Just remind them if they call before the 5 week minimum that the DPS requests (or at least they did at one time) that they should also have a little cheese with their w..... uh call.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”