Processing Questions

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
daygo140
Posts in topic: 6

Processing Questions

Post by daygo140 »

3/5 - Application Submitted
3/6 - Application Received
3/8 - LTC-100 Submitted
3/9 - LTC-100 Received
3/9 - Fingerprints Submitted
3/11 - Fingerprints Received
3/12 - Background Check Under Review, Print Pending Completion of Application Review. (All green except Background Check and LIcense to Carry a Handgun.)

I have no issues or no history, just maybe a few traffic ticket years ago maybe. I don’t even drink alcohol let alone abuse it or anything so I should be fine. So I’m guessing the status should turn green soon.

Two questions:

When the Background Check’s status turns green, does that explicitly mean that you will receive a LTC?

If any additional paperwork is needed and they mail you requesting it, is it indicated on the status page at this point?

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Processing Questions

Post by Grundy1133 »

my BG check stayed under review for 12 days with nothing that would impede progress... there's 21 points that the BG check goes thru and it takes awhile. ive heard people getting their plastic in hand after 11 days and some that waited almost 60 days to get theirs... i think it all depends on where you are in the queue when you submit your application.
To answer your questions, if they require additional info they'll mail you. I don' think the status is updated on their site. From my understanding if your backgroundcheck passes then yes you will receive your LTC but do NOT carry until you have the plastic in hand.
NRA Member

Topic author
daygo140

Post by daygo140 »

So once the Background Check is marked green I’m good to go? If a letter would be sent it would stay yellow?

I should be a quick one. I just bought my gun at Acedemy and that check was 10-15 minutes if that. There were some guys at work had to wait 72 hours or more.

I should be on the quick side because I have a clean bill of citizenship. A few members here had everything turn green except the check one day and the next day it all turned green. I’m hoping for this scenario. I’m super excited. I love my holdster I just got too and want to do my Wally Walk.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

daygo140 wrote:So once the Background Check is marked green I’m good to go? If a letter would be sent it would stay yellow?

I should be a quick one. I just bought my gun at Acedemy and that check was 10-15 minutes if that. There were some guys at work had to wait 72 hours or more.

I should be on the quick side because I have a clean bill of citizenship. A few members here had everything turn green except the check one day and the next day it all turned green. I’m hoping for this scenario. I’m super excited. I love my holdster I just got too and want to do my Wally Walk.
i had clear everything only lived in 1 address my entire life and it took 12 days for the BG check. according to sources here they request info from counties that you've lived/worked and if your county(s) are slow to respond it can lengthen your BG check. also buying a gun vs getting a LTC is completely different BG check.
NRA Member

Topic author
daygo140

Post by daygo140 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
daygo140 wrote:So once the Background Check is marked green I’m good to go? If a letter would be sent it would stay yellow?

i had clear everything only lived in 1 address my entire life and it took 12 days for the BG check. according to sources here they request info from counties that you've lived/worked and if your county(s) are slow to respond it can lengthen your BG check. also buying a gun vs getting a LTC is completely different BG check.
I wonder how some had it complete in less than 24 hours. Either way though, once the Background Check is marked green I’m good to go? If a letter would be sent it would stay yellow?

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

daygo140 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:

I wonder how some had it complete in less than 24 hours. Either way though, once the Background Check is marked green I’m good to go? If a letter would be sent it would stay yellow?
yea cause after the BG Check all thats left is for them to print it then mail it.
NRA Member

Topic author
daygo140

Post by daygo140 »

3/5 - Application Submitted
3/8 - LTC-100 Submitted
3/9 - LTC-100 Received
3/12 - Background Check Under Review, Print Pending
3/15 - Background Check Completed, Print Pending

When do you think I should have the plastic?

:txflag:

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Post by twomillenium »

daygo140 wrote:3/5 - Application Submitted
3/8 - LTC-100 Submitted
3/9 - LTC-100 Received

When it arrives in the mail.
It is my understanding, when everything is good to go, that the county checks are the ones that slow the process down and they check all counties that you have lived or worked in for the last 5 years. Some county sheriffs depts. are slow to respond, this could depend on workload or politics.

On the Print Pending, it depends on the where you are in the printing queue, I was told they print in batches and if you are first in the batch, you would have to wait for the batch to fill. I have no idea how many are in a batch or how often the average batch fills.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
daygo140

Post by daygo140 »

twomillenium wrote:
3/8 - LTC-100 Submitted
3/9 - LTC-100 Received

It is my understanding, when everything is good to go, that the county checks are the ones that slow the process down and they check all counties that you have lived or worked in for the last 5 years. Some county sheriffs depts. are slow to respond, this could depend on workload or politics.

On the Print Pending, it depends on the where you are in the printing queue, I was told they print in batches and if you are first in the batch, you would have to wait for the batch to fill. I have no idea how many are in a batch or how often the average batch fills.
Well I’m past having to wait for county checks being that my background check is complete. So I don’t have to consider the first paragraph.

Since I’m in print pending status, the second paragraph applies to me. Let’s hope I’m in the batch to get printed very soon!! Thank you so much for your input fellow Texan!

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

daygo140 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
3/8 - LTC-100 Submitted
3/9 - LTC-100 Received

Well I’m past having to wait for county checks being that my background check is complete. So I don’t have to consider the first paragraph.

Since I’m in print pending status, the second paragraph applies to me. Let’s hope I’m in the batch to get printed very soon!! Thank you so much for your input fellow Texan!
i hate to tell you this, but mine was print pending yesterday, and then today when i woke up it was changed to mailed.... so unless your's is mailed also you might have to wait until the next batch.... :leaving

2/24 class/app submitted
2/27 fingerprints
2/28 fingerprints received/BG check under review
3/12 print pending
3/15 Mailed
NRA Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Another thing that others have noted here before, sometimes the web updates are behind what has actually been completed. So, it's possible that when you see that it has been printed it may already have been mailed.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

bblhd672 wrote:Another thing that others have noted here before, sometimes the web updates are behind what has actually been completed. So, it's possible that when you see that it has been printed it may already have been mailed.
that is also true. hoping i see mine inthe mail tomorrow before the weekend.
NRA Member

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Post by twomillenium »

bblhd672 wrote:Another thing that others have noted here before, sometimes the web updates are behind what has actually been completed. So, it's possible that when you see that it has been printed it may already have been mailed.
Many have reported receiving their LTC while it was still saying Print Pending. I don't remember if the CHL notified Print pending. I never got the opportunity to be teased like so many have, they did not have internet applications when I received mine. We requested an application by snail mail and they sent a packet that could only be used by the named applicant. All communication was done by snail mail.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
daygo140

Post by daygo140 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
daygo140 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
3/8 - LTC-100 Submitted
3/9 - LTC-100 Received

i hate to tell you this, but mine was print pending yesterday, and then today when i woke up it was changed to mailed.... so unless your's is mailed also you might have to wait until the next batch.... :leaving

2/24 class/app submitted
2/27 fingerprints
3/12 print pending
3/15 Mailed
3E7E92F3-D835-4239-AE77-E763AAB3497D.jpeg
Next batch wasn’t too far apart! I have a feeling when I return from taking my sons to a gun safety private lesson it will be in the mail!

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

daygo140 wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
daygo140 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
3/8 - LTC-100 Submitted
3/9 - LTC-100 Received

2/24 class/app submitted
2/27 fingerprints
3/12 print pending
3/15 Mailed
3E7E92F3-D835-4239-AE77-E763AAB3497D.jpeg
Next batch wasn’t too far apart! I have a feeling when I return from taking my sons to a gun safety private lesson it will be in the mail!

I got mine in the mail today. you should get yours too. :thumbs2:
NRA Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”