I forgot to update my address on my DL, will this affect my LTC application????

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pixie123
Posts in topic: 2

I forgot to update my address on my DL, will this affect my LTC application????

Post by Pixie123 »

Hi all,
I totally forgot to change my address when I moved last year.. my drivers license has my old address on it. I put my NEW address on the certificate from the training course. I also used my new address when I completed the application online, and also when I scheduled my finger printing... I know I’m required to bring my ID with me when I get finger printed.

1. Is there gonna be an issue when I go get finger printed because my address doesn’t match what’s on the my application?

2. Is there going to be a delay with my application for license to carry?

3. Will they send my license to carry to my old address or my new one? (The one I used to fill out the application online)

4. Do I need to mail off my certificate of training application to anyone?

Topic author
Pixie123
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I forgot to update my address on my DL, will this affect my LTC application????

Post by Pixie123 »

Also do I need to upload a photo of my drivers license and send to them? Or will they be able to see the one they have on file from my drivers license record?

montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I forgot to update my address on my DL, will this affect my LTC application????

Post by montgomery »

Pixie123 wrote:Also do I need to upload a photo of my drivers license and send to them? Or will they be able to see the one they have on file from my drivers license record?
I forgot to include info on mine, so I sent them an email with the correct info as an amendment to my application. Worked for me, - my license was processed and mailed to me the same week I completed the application.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

If you have already changed your address on your dl, u should be fine. If not, do it soon. I think u will upload your ltc100 if I remember correctly. They will use your dl photo for the ltc.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

infoman

Post by infoman »

Just send your new address in writing along with your LTC-100

dogman197

Post by dogman197 »

Then spend the time and bucks to change your address on the DL license. It’s the law, and some LEOs might give you a hard time and a ticket for the discrepancies. Some are pretty picky when they stop someone with a LTC.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”