New to the Forum

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
BSHII
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm

New to the Forum

#1

Post by BSHII » Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm new to the forum, and the waiting room:

9/8/2017 - Application, affidavits, background check
9/23/2017 - Fingerprinting
4/7/2018 - Class
4/12/2018 - Confirmation email, documents received
5/18/2018 - All green except "Background Check - Under Review"

On the bright side, I know my driver's license number by heart now.

User avatar

Allons
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: New to the Forum

#2

Post by Allons » Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Welcome to the forum!
EDC'S: Dan Wesson CCO, CZ-P07, XDS-45 MOD 2, SCCY CPX-2 , MP Shield-45
Home Defense: Mossberg 930 SPX
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999
Image


pushpullpete
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: New to the Forum

#3

Post by pushpullpete » Fri May 18, 2018 5:04 pm

I'll second that, Welcome !
:patriot: :txflag:

User avatar

PriestTheRunner
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: New to the Forum

#4

Post by PriestTheRunner » Fri May 18, 2018 5:21 pm

BSHII wrote:On the bright side, I know my driver's license number by heart now.
Lol. Thats what made me memorize mine and my wifes! :cheers2:

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5790
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: New to the Forum

#5

Post by puma guy » Sun May 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


Topic author
BSHII
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: New to the Forum

#6

Post by BSHII » Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 pm

BSHII wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 pm
I'm new to the forum, and the waiting room:

9/8/2017 - Application, affidavits, background check
9/23/2017 - Fingerprinting
4/7/2018 - Class
4/12/2018 - Confirmation email, documents received
5/18/2018 - All green except "Background Check - Under Review"

On the bright side, I know my driver's license number by heart now.
I'm not sure if I messed up or DPS did, but I got a letter requesting documentation for something that never happened. I called DPS, and they simply recommended that I get a background check from the out-of-state county where I used to live. Which is fine, though that county is in the dark ages and only accepts mail-in requests for background checks paid for by certified check or money order.


OlBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:36 am

Re: New to the Forum

#7

Post by OlBill » Fri May 25, 2018 6:52 pm

Welcome.

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 9629
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: New to the Forum

#8

Post by carlson1 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry about the bump in the road on your background. Please let us know how it plays out.
Image


Topic author
BSHII
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: New to the Forum

#9

Post by BSHII » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 pm

BSHII wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 pm
BSHII wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 pm
I'm new to the forum, and the waiting room:

9/8/2017 - Application, affidavits, background check
9/23/2017 - Fingerprinting
4/7/2018 - Class
4/12/2018 - Confirmation email, documents received
5/18/2018 - All green except "Background Check - Under Review"

On the bright side, I know my driver's license number by heart now.
I'm not sure if I messed up or DPS did, but I got a letter requesting documentation for something that never happened. I called DPS, and they simply recommended that I get a background check from the out-of-state county where I used to live. Which is fine, though that county is in the dark ages and only accepts mail-in requests for background checks paid for by certified check or money order.
UPDATE:
6/13/2018 - Criminal record search received and uploaded to DPS. Acknowledgement email from DPS.
6/27/2018 - "Background Check: Completed." Last yellow is "License to Carry and Handgun: Print Pending"

Almost there.

User avatar

RPBrown
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4339
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: New to the Forum

#10

Post by RPBrown » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Welcome to the forum
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image


Topic author
BSHII
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: New to the Forum

#11

Post by BSHII » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:24 pm

BSHII wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 pm
BSHII wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 pm
BSHII wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:12 pm
I'm new to the forum, and the waiting room:

9/8/2017 - Application, affidavits, background check
9/23/2017 - Fingerprinting
4/7/2018 - Class
4/12/2018 - Confirmation email, documents received
5/18/2018 - All green except "Background Check - Under Review"

On the bright side, I know my driver's license number by heart now.
I'm not sure if I messed up or DPS did, but I got a letter requesting documentation for something that never happened. I called DPS, and they simply recommended that I get a background check from the out-of-state county where I used to live. Which is fine, though that county is in the dark ages and only accepts mail-in requests for background checks paid for by certified check or money order.
UPDATE:
6/13/2018 - Criminal record search received and uploaded to DPS. Acknowledgement email from DPS.
6/27/2018 - "Background Check: Completed." Last yellow is "License to Carry and Handgun: Print Pending"

Almost there.
6/28/2018 - All green
7/2/2018 - plastic in hand.

81 days between submission of documents and receipt of card.

User avatar

Allons
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: New to the Forum

#12

Post by Allons » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:41 pm

Congrats!
EDC'S: Dan Wesson CCO, CZ-P07, XDS-45 MOD 2, SCCY CPX-2 , MP Shield-45
Home Defense: Mossberg 930 SPX
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999
Image

Post Reply

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”