New GUY! How long for app status update?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Johnny24
Posts in topic: 3

New GUY! How long for app status update?

Post by Johnny24 »

Hey Guys,

Brand new to the forum but happy to be apart of the Texas CHL family. Heres my deal:
31 years old from South texas RGV. Just graduated college with criminal justice degree on may 12th.
Always wanted to get my LTC and I finally applied. I own a glock 19, M&P shield 2.0, and soon XD mod 2 45 acp.
Clean criminal history except for one arrest back in 2008 for driving with a suspended license which was a misdemeanor but dropped down to a traffic infraction once I paid a small fine. I was young and dumb! No other incidents in my lifetime. Nothing to disqualify me. So fingers crossed!
Timeline
06/16/2018 took class
06/19/2018 submitted application and supporting documents (disposition for arrest)
06/22/2018 fingerprints submitted

I have a question for you all. Everytime i go in the web page to check on the application status to see what is pending/ under review/ etc, I am not able to see anything. I only see this same message:

"LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

I called the dps today, and they say everything was recieved on their part. Just have to let everything process. My question is, how long after you submit the application does it take to see just the status updates and the pending green bars etc?

Thanks everyone!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New GUY! How long for app status update?

Post by Flightmare »

It can take a few days to a couple weeks before the website starts showing that stuff has been received. Be patient, and start hunting for holsters for your EDC.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Johnny24

Post by Johnny24 »

Will do man. Good to know. Thanks for the quick reply!

dogman197

Post by dogman197 »

It appears the DPS website has been down since last week. (Today is 6/27) Don’t know what the problem is.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

dogman197 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:50 am It appears the DPS website has been down since last week. (Today is 6/27) Don’t know what the problem is.
I just logged in with no problem: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

The whole process for me was surprisingly quick, it took 5 business days or 1 week to get status check marks, and then another week to go from pending to mailed. So all told it was about 11 business days or just over two weeks.

Topic author
Johnny24

Post by Johnny24 »

[img]Thanks guys everything got updated one day after I called the Austin DPS.
To my surprise Everything was check marked green except background check yesterday.

However today I checked and the background check was complete and print pending.

So far the timeline for me is :
6-16-18 -Took class
6-19-18- completed app and docs
6-22-18 - submitted fingerprints
6-25-18 - called DPS no status update
6-26-18 - got status update all green except background check- was under review.
6-28-18 - background check complete, and print pending!

Surprised at how quickly it’s going. Hopefully it’s fast for everyone else around this time as well.

Any idea how long at this point it will take to be mailed?

orangetx

Post by orangetx »

We are both in the same boat. My print pending was issued on the early morning of 6/29. Checked today and stay says the same.
I wonder how the holiday is going to effect these times. From what im getting on other post, it can be 5 days from print pending status to receive in mail. But that's without holiday.
Who’s interrupting my Kung Fu?!

dogman197

Post by dogman197 »

4/30. Emailed all my original docs and supporting docs to DPS. Didn’t hear anything and no status on board.
5/31. Called DPS, they informed me they are missing missing my LTC class form. (Originally sent before) resent all documents.
6/1. Email received confirming receipt of all documents and supporting documents.
6/27. Received 2 (same) letters from DPS saying they did not get a supporting doc for a self reported offense. (previously sent in twice). Called, lady said she found them and will forward to appropriate people.
6/27 and 7/1. Re emailed docs and received email stating they have received them. Called to confirm.
7/11. Still no status change.

I think they play games in order to buy more time because maybe they are swamped.

CJWTX

Post by CJWTX »

dogman197 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 am
I think they play games in order to buy more time because maybe they are swamped.
doubt it, finished submitting all documents and fingerprints 7/2, print pending as of 7/10. Doesn't seem like they're swamped.

Alcorta07

Post by Alcorta07 »

Timeline for me

6/30:took class
6/30: Submission of documents
7/2: got fingerprints done
7/3: called they said they received all documents and already had my fingerprints.
7/12: Acount updated all green just waiting on background and printing of the card.

dogman197

Post by dogman197 »

I don’t know, but they keep losing my stuff. Maybe I should have sent it in. I trust the mail more than the internet.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”