Asked for documents

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
squirrelmaster9
Posts in topic: 5

Asked for documents

Post by squirrelmaster9 »

Well dps asked for disposition on 2 arrest thats on my nics. I wasnt really arrested so i didnt list them. Im guessing since they didnt flat out denied me im ok. One was a disorderly persons but i was found not guilty (thank god since it was 4 years ago) i had to pay a fine but on the disposition its nj code 2 which is found not guilty. The other was a no bill.

My question is i uploaded the dispositions today after receiving the letter a couplenweeks back. How long will it take to get a update??

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Asked for documents

Post by Keith B »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:54 pm Well dps asked for disposition on 2 arrest thats on my nics. I wasnt really arrested so i didnt list them. Im guessing since they didnt flat out denied me im ok. One was a disorderly persons but i was found not guilty (thank god since it was 4 years ago) i had to pay a fine but on the disposition its nj code 2 which is found not guilty. The other was a no bill.

My question is i uploaded the dispositions today after receiving the letter a couplenweeks back. How long will it take to get a update??
Well, if you have a disposition and were found not guilty, then you were arrested. Also, if they no-billed you then there was also an arrest and charge.

Anyway, it usually takes a few days for them to research the dispositions once they receive them. Since out of state, they it may take a few days more for them to validate the paperwork from the courts.\

Sounds like it shouldn't be too long now. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Keith B wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 pm
squirrelmaster9 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:54 pm Well dps asked for disposition on 2 arrest thats on my nics. I wasnt really arrested so i didnt list them. Im guessing since they didnt flat out denied me im ok. One was a disorderly persons but i was found not guilty (thank god since it was 4 years ago) i had to pay a fine but on the disposition its nj code 2 which is found not guilty. The other was a no bill.

Well, if you have a disposition and were found not guilty, then you were arrested. Also, if they no-billed you then there was also an arrest and charge.

Anyway, it usually takes a few days for them to research the dispositions once they receive them. Since out of state, they it may take a few days more for them to validate the paperwork from the courts.\

Sounds like it shouldn't be too long now. :thumbs2:
It’s theoretically possible to not be arrested, but still be charged with a class b misdemeanor or higher. And in the case of a grand jury, the arrest often waits until the indictment is rendered, so in the case of a no bill, it’s probably common that the person was never arrested. Anyway, since original poster sent in the dispositions, it shouldn’t be too long before the license gets issued,
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

It is possible i wasn't handcuffed or fingerprinted but it shows up as i was arrested. I just was asked to come to the police station and talk to them.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am thinking I had some misdemeanor issues I had to get letters from County Court on and none of those were arrests. I think they were something really stupid like hot checks from the late seventies. I was amazed at the stuff they came up with that I had long forgotten.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:54 pm Well dps asked for disposition on 2 arrest thats on my nics. I wasnt really arrested so i didnt list them. Im guessing since they didnt flat out denied me im ok. One was a disorderly persons but i was found not guilty
You were charged with a crime and it went to trial, but you didn't list it on your application.

:banghead:
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Looking at what nj sent me it doesnt say the charges just a complaint number and the date of when it happened. Which matches what DPS sent me. It also only says plea code 2 and the other one is 9. 2 means not guilty 9 mean no bill. Doing a google search i found out the codes on just 1 lawyer site. Do you think this is what they're asking for? :waiting: :waiting: I really hope this is the end of this. Getting nj to send these papers :boxing was a major pain.

I want my license :txflag:

Allons

Post by Allons »

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:47 pm Looking at what nj sent me it doesnt say the charges just a complaint number and the date of when it happened. Which matches what DPS sent me. It also only says plea code 2 and the other one is 9. 2 means not guilty 9 mean no bill. Doing a google search i found out the codes on just 1 lawyer site. Do you think this is what they're asking for? :waiting: :waiting: I really hope this is the end of this. Getting nj to send these papers :boxing was a major pain.

If they are official documents, I would say you're good. Official meaning; county clerk signature, DA signature or some official stamp or seal.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

03Lightningrocks

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:47 pm Looking at what nj sent me it doesnt say the charges just a complaint number and the date of when it happened. Which matches what DPS sent me. It also only says plea code 2 and the other one is 9. 2 means not guilty 9 mean no bill. Doing a google search i found out the codes on just 1 lawyer site. Do you think this is what they're asking for? :waiting: :waiting: I really hope this is the end of this. Getting nj to send these papers :boxing was a major pain.

It has been a good ten years since I had to supply similar documents and if I remember right they wanted paperwork from Dallas county showing the disposition as no billed. I went in person and was handed two docs from Dallas county showing both counts as no billed. I never saw what docs the LTC folks had. They just told me the charges and no disposition.

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Waiting since march 21st
Still yellow background and prints

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

They used to say the clock resets when you send them missing information. I don't know if that's still true. Good luck!
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

TexanVeteran

Post by TexanVeteran »

Are they any updates on this? OP?

Topic author
squirrelmaster9

Finally print pending. I had to wait a year for it to be 5 years from a nj ticket which is equal to a disorderly persons arrest in tx. I have the fl and az permits since last year. I cant wait to finally be able to buy without the wait. I always get delayed a week.

03Lightningrocks

squirrelmaster9 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:57 am Finally print pending. I had to wait a year for it to be 5 years from a nj ticket which is equal to a disorderly persons arrest in tx. I have the fl and az permits since last year. I cant wait to finally be able to buy without the wait. I always get delayed a week.
Congratulations

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”