how long for dps to accept or request new prints?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 1

how long for dps to accept or request new prints?

Post by flechero »

I'm on renewal again and have done the online part- the site confirmation and subsequent email said they would try to use the pic and prints from last time but they will notify me if I need new prints.

Is this a matter of days, weeks or months? Anyone know?

Steamboat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: how long for dps to accept or request new prints?

Post by Steamboat »

I renewed back in April with no issues. The process took less time than it did when I got my original license.
They used my original picture and fingerprints.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Steamboat wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 am I renewed back in April with no issues. The process took less time than it did when I got my original license.
They used my original picture and fingerprints.
Same here, mine is now in print pending, I think they give that notice as a matter of course, but, I would assume, unless there were issues with your original, application prints, they are fine.

Correction, just checked my status on-line, and it shows mailed. Mine doesn't expire until January, but I wanted to be sure to get it done, instead of waiting until the last minute. I applied on the 6th, so it has only been a little over a week.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Just wanted to update, everyone, I got my renewed LTC, on Friday 8/17. Only 11 (total) days from application to plastic in hand. Since it has no issued date on it, I am just going to carry my new one, (I like the picture better anyway) :mrgreen:

Thumbs up to DPS processing folks!! :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”