Online LTC course timeline

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasCarry361
Posts in topic: 1

Online LTC course timeline

Post by TexasCarry361 »

I recently took the online course option to complete the education portion for the application. I paired this with a local in person range demonstration and proficiency test. The online class was fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who has been on the fence about it. I did run into one issue- since the online opportunity is so new my instructor did not know he had to fill out the same LTC-101 paper I received upon completion for the education part. I first submitted both an LTC 100 and LTC 101 form and my application got delayed because they made me go back to my instructor to consolidate the form. Other than that it was a great experience. here is my timeline so far:

LTC app submitted 6/25
Fingerprints 6/30
LTC class/test documents submitted 7/30
Notification received to re-submit LTC class docs consolidated 8/10
re-submitted LTC class docs 8/10
Background approved and print pending 8/15
LTC mailed 8/18
LTC in hand 8/20

Janazzz
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Online LTC course timeline

Post by Janazzz »

I’m glad you posted. I’m somewhat similar. There was a few weeks delay between application/fingerprinting and school/range qualifying. Just found out a date was missing from a form.

When did you see the online checklist and green checks? I still don’t have them.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”