Should have renewed earlier

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
E150GT
Posts in topic: 2

Should have renewed earlier

Post by E150GT »

I went online and renewed the day my card expired. Dumb move. That was on the 5th. Nothing shows up on the website when I go to check the application status.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Should have renewed earlier

Post by KC5AV »

I wouldn’t worry too much. It isn’t uncommon for people to have plastic in hand before status online changes.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
E150GT

Post by E150GT »

Ok
Submitted renewal and paid 2/5.
Got my card in the mail today 3/16

Took a lot longer than I was hoping but now I'm good.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I just submitted my renewal Friday. I totally forgot. Mine expires in a few months.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ELB

Post by ELB »

I could see the potential for renewals and new apps slowing way down, especially if the DPS sends home everybody but the sworn cops for a couple weeks. The Governor of Maryland issued an order for all licenses, permits, and vehicle registrations that expire during issued by the state that expire during their state of emergency to be extended 30 days past the end of the state of emergency. Might want to keep an ear tuned for Texas to do something similar.
USAF 1982-2005

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Got my renewal notice back in December. Threw it in the briefcase and forgot about it.... :oops: Dug it out and did the online process and payment on March 30 (58 days left). Renewed my TDL online today. And now... :totap:

===================================== added 4/12/20
went online Wednesday or Thursday to check. Drivers License was mailed out on April 7th. RSD login offers me the opportunity to apply for instructor certification. Guess I'll have to make a trip into town and see what's in my P.O. Box.....

===================================== added 4/15/20
checked my P.O. Box today; drivers license was there, but nothing from the RSD. :sad:
Still nothing showing when I log in to the RSD page.

===================================== added 4/19/20
logged in to RSD page again, got some 'movement'. Shows me the full laundry list; first 10 items are green checked, the remaining two ('under review', 'print pending') have the yellow triangle with the exclamation point.

===================================== added 4/27/20
logged in to RSD page today, 'Background Check' in now green and annotated 'Completed'. Now at 28 days and counting..... :anamatedbanana :woohoo

===================================== added 4/29/20
went online today, and "Mailed" is green-checked. 30 days and counting. :thumbs2:

===================================== added 5/11/20
checked my PO Box again today; still not there..... :grumble
Last edited by JustSomeOldGuy on Mon May 11, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 9

Post by GlassG19 »

Please keep us posted when your card arrives along with total days from submitting renewal.
:txflag:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

I totally forgot my renewal, I received letter a few months ago that it’s going to be due to renew but, I got busy with life & forgot, so now I’m running defenseless and I put in for my renewal 2 weeks ago,, 2 weeks AFTER mine EXPIRED,, :oops: ! :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

safety1

Post by safety1 »

JustsomeoldGuy - any update?
Just renewed today, curious on process times.

Thanks! :tiphat:
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

safety1 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 pm JustsomeoldGuy - any update?
Just renewed today, curious on process times.

Thanks! :tiphat:
As per my update above, still waiting......

mclipp

Post by mclipp »

renewed my dl back in mid january, got that in the mail within 2 weeks. renewed my ltc on april 5, i'll let y'all know when it arrives.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

As per my interminably annotated post above, renewal time is about 30 days plus whatever the post office takes to do their thing...... :mrgreen:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:21 pm As per my interminably annotated post above, renewal time is about 30 days plus whatever the post office takes to do their thing...... :mrgreen:
JSOG, did you finally get your renewal? I sent mine “late too” (forgot) on March 19th & still showing fingerprints & BG under review so I went ahead and gave a ring to them today & lady wasn’t as kind as you would have thought & told me it didn’t go into the “que” so to speak until April 6th & they have 45 days once everything has been received & that was end of conversation.
It’s a RENEWAL.. other posts have shown 2-3 weeks in hand.
:cryin

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

GlassG19 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:59 pm
JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:21 pm As per my interminably annotated post above, renewal time is about 30 days plus whatever the post office takes to do their thing...... :mrgreen:
JSOG, did you finally get your renewal? I sent mine “late too” (forgot) on March 19th & still showing fingerprints & BG under review so I went ahead and gave a ring to them today & lady wasn’t as kind as you would have thought & told me it didn’t go into the “que” so to speak until April 6th & they have 45 days once everything has been received & that was end of conversation.
It’s a RENEWAL.. other posts have shown 2-3 weeks in hand.
:cryin
Checked my P.O. Box yesterday after work; nothing yet. Didn't really expect to to be there yet. I think that particular small town Post Office is still getting their mailbags by mule train. :biggrinjester:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”