Shoulder Surgery Again

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Shoulder Surgery Again

Post by anygunanywhere »

I had my right shoulder replaced back in 2011 and really don’t remember it being a big deal but then I was only 57.

I had my left shoulder replaced November 16, two weeks ago. Went to the orthopedic surgeon today to get it checked. X-rays showed that the piece on my humerus shifted for some reason. I have to go back for surgery again next Wednesday 7 December. This time the procedure has been more annoying. Surgeon is taking the blame for the shift saying he should have used a longer piece.

Please remember me in your prayers. TIA.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shoulder Surgery Again

Post by Rafe »

You'll definitely be in my prayers. Failing bodyparts are no joke. I've helped nurse a family member back from rotator cuff surgery...which is nowhere near a replacement, especially a replacement do-over, but even that was a long and painful road to just being able to pick up a gallon of milk.

Prayers and thoughts are with you, especially a week from tomorrow.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Praying for you - good luck healing up!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Praying for the surgery and a speedy recovery.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Good luck with the surgery! Ask him to measure this time. :mrgreen: Is it under warranty? If I put in the wrong air conditioner, it is on me to put the right one back in. I always find it weird that Doctors screw up and get paid to fix it afterwards.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:50 am Good luck with the surgery! Ask him to measure this time. :mrgreen: Is it under warranty? If I put in the wrong air conditioner, it is on me to put the right one back in. I always find it weird that Doctors screw up and get paid to fix it afterwards.
Why do you think they call it a "practice" :smilelol5:

Prayers for your surgery. I would carry a ruler in and hand it to the surgeon but then I am a bit of a smart aleck.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:50 am Good luck with the surgery! Ask him to measure this time. :mrgreen: Is it under warranty? If I put in the wrong air conditioner, it is on me to put the right one back in. I always find it weird that Doctors screw up and get paid to fix it afterwards.
It hurts to laugh. You’re killing me.

Thanks guys!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

The good news is that they're still making replacement parts for these old, out of warranty, models.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:43 am
Why do you think they call it a "practice" :smilelol5:

Prayers for your surgery. I would carry a ruler in and hand it to the surgeon but then I am a bit of a smart aleck.
ME to, nice stainless steel ruler with BIG numbers :biggrinjester:

and yes prayers for you, i had my rotator rebuilt with cables, and neat stuff a few years back shoulder is great now, but that recovery flat sucked
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Kind of lends a whole new meaning to the expression "Measure twice, cut once", doesn't it?
Steve Rothstein

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

srothstein wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:53 pm
Kind of lends a whole new meaning to the expression "Measure twice, cut once", doesn't it?
Cut it twice and it’s still too short.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent from here too.

My doc tells me I've got all kinds of things wrong with my shoulder, but I'm not doing the surgery until I can't do the things I need to do with it.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Update.

Had surgery this morning. Got home about 12:30. Woke up and wanted some LaMadeline tomato basil soup so Mrs AGAW is at HEB. I don’t deserve her. She’s an angel.

Shoulder feels better even though it’s being numbed by an anesthetic pump. The old joint never felt good even causing breakthrough pain.

Thanks for the prayers and the laughs. God bless you all!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:clapping:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

You know what they say…. Measure twice; cut once. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”