Knee Procedure Tomorrow

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Knee Procedure Tomorrow

Post by Keith B »

Just saw this Carl. Prayers that you get the post-op pain under control quickly and start the fast track to recovery!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

Have been off the forum for a couple of days and am just seeing this, Carl. Looks like the Great Physician looked over you during the surgery, and now you have my prayers for the recovery and rehab.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:48 pm
carlson1 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:32 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:13 pm
carlson1 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:34 pm Thank you for the prayers. The procedure went well. I am in pain more than I was before they so called “fixed” it. I have a follow up tomorrow with the doctor. Your prayers are coveted.
I would bet it is extra pain due to the surgery. Hopefully it improves in a few days to a week. At 62 I have problems on occasion with my right knee. I have had days I could hardly walk on it but I am real hesitant to do surgery just yet. I have lost about 45 pounds since January and the weight loss seems to have helped a lot. I am still a good 50 pounds overweight but my weight loss has slowed down. More walking and less eating should help.

Wishing you the best for your recovery. :thumbsup:
Your right. My health began to fail when I was hurt as LEO. Long story short ended up in a wheelchair for six years and gained up to 503lbs. I am down to 406lbs and have a long way to go. Heart, diabetes, DISH disease in the back has taken a toll. The good news I am still working on it.
Losing 100 pounds is no easy task. Sounds like you are on the right track. One thing I have noticed is that the older I get, the harder it is to lose weight. All we can do is to keep working at it. If memory serves, I believe you are taller than me. I am 5'10" so being 100 pounds overweight is more of an issue for me than someone several inches taller than me. I peaked at 316 and am now down to 266 so I still have a ways to go. Every issue you listed is on my doctors list as well only all of mine begin with "pre-".
Still praying for a speedy recovery.

I had knee replacement Feb 20 and I can honestly say I am so glad I did. It had gotten to a point I couldn't hardly walk. I too am overweight. Got up to 325 but I am now down to 260 and still have another 50 to go. Carl, i have to laugh you saying you were 6'4 and now at 6'3. That happened to me when I had back surgery in 2002. Went from 6'5 to 6'4 and lost another 1/2 inch since knee surgery.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”