No More Cancer !

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 2

No More Cancer !

Post by DaveT »

Just got back home from seeing the Oncologist in Abilene, it's been a really long day. Blood work was first on the list of things to do when we arrived at the cancer center. After the vampires got all they needed, we waited and waited and waited some more to see the Oncologist. About an hour late, we were finally led into an examining room. After blood pressure (low), pulse (slow) and temp (low) were taken, we waited on the doc for a while longer. All we had to look at was a huge poster on the wall detailing the inside of a female breast. Never knew it was so complicated......

When the doc came in, he immediately read all the results: blood work was good, and all the scans we did last Monday showed no unusual lumps, bumps, or other signs of cancer. Compared with the scans taken before the radiation treatments, the new scans showed all clear in the areas where the cancer was before so the 40 radiation treatments did what they were supposed to do.

He then gave me an examination to make sure he couldn't feel any swollen lymph nodes anywhere. Then he asked me if I was cured ? I replied, "I was hoping to hear the answer to that from you......" He explained it this way: they will schedule me for soft tissue cat scans every three months for the first year, then every six months the second year. If nothing shows up during the next two years, there is a 97% chance that I will be cured. I told him I could live with those odds !!!! :D

Thanks so much to everyone here for their prayers, positive thoughts and concern all through this ordeal.

It is still going to be a while before I feel anything like normal, doc said today it could take six months to a year to regain my strength back, and I believe him. I've been amazed how easy it is to become totally fatigued to where the body is so tired, the mind is also numb. I'm going to take his advice and keep active, but not overdo for a while.

Time to relax for a while, then enjoy each and every day. :D

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flintknapper »

Thats wonderful news Dave.

I know it will be encouraging to others that still have an uphill climb before them.

Thank you for keeping us informed, and we will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for the update Dave. Thank you Lord for Dave's healing. May it be used for Your glory and to lead others to Christ!

Chas.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

AMEN My brother. Praise & thanksgiving to our Great Physician. Lord Jesus we honor You & continut to trust You for the good health of Your servant & our friend Dave. Give strength on a day by day basis in Jesus Name AMEN.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Dave,

Now go and let the priest examine you, and take two doves and a lamb....oh wait, that's the old Law... ;-)

Woohoo!
Now, if we can just agree together to get that remaining 3% out of the way.... :grin:

Thanks for hangin in there, Dave. Its easy to give up when walking that out, and I am glad to see that you didn't.
Join me in praying for my Brother Tommy in his complete healing for the cancer still on his liver (the removal of the nasty stuff from his colon and pancreas was a miraculous success in itself)

Just got word last week, a lady I have never met in California was healed completely to the disbelief of the Stanford Oncology Team from Brain Cancer. She went thru 2 surgeries, radiation, and said "Enough!"
Switched to a healthy diet, flaxseed oil, etc, and the docs are now bumfoozled to say the least, but hey they'll chalk it in the Win Column.

God is moving, can I get an Amen?

:woohoo

~Bill

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Excellent!! Prayer works.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Keep giving God glory. He's good to us.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

What great news and a blessing indeed....!!!!
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven! :grin:

Amen to all posts
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

That is awesome news! Thank you for sharing it with us.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Dave it was good to talk to you tonight. Sorry for cutting the conversation a little short I had someone in my office. I am so glad God anwered your prayer on the positive side. God is too good to be unkind, too wise to be mistaken, and when you cannot trace His hand, you can always trust His heart.

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

:angel: :party: :cheers2: :woohoo :thumbsup:

:anamatedbanana
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

Good news Dave! Congrats!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Fantastic News :!:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Torch

Post by Torch »

Praise God!

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”