Joining the "Pink Ribbon" Coalition...

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Pug
Posts in topic: 9

2 Steps Forward and 3 Steps Back

Post by Pug »

Today's pathology report from the oncologist was a real disappointment. Based upon post-op lab work the cancer was discovered to be quite active. So we are going back to another 12-week chemotherapy regimen, with weekly infusions. The prognosis, based upon the clinical assessment, is not the most encouraging, with a greater than 48% probability of reoccurrence. And any reoccurrence typically (since there is no longer any breast tissue) occur in the liver, kidneys, bones or brain. Prayers are still appreciated.

God is good, but this world is broken and fragile. Can hardly wait till he fixes it...once and for all.

jocat54
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Joining the "Pink Ribbon" Coalition...

Post by jocat54 »

Ya'll are in our prayers, it can be a rough road but you can do it with Gods help.

My wife is in her 8th year of being cancer free, we have had some scares along the way though.

As you already know chemo is tough, but stay tough and keep your faith. I really never prayed a lot, but I learned how, when we went through this.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Divided Attention »

NEVER give up! You are in our prayers!

I have a very close friend who at diagnosis should not have lived 6months. A year later she was CANCER FREE - she had mets at diagnosis, and lymph involvement. NEVER give up God is so good and so amazing.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We are still praying for Elaine and for you.

Chas.

stash

Post by stash »

Continuing to pray for your wife and you Pug.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

varko

Post by varko »

Will continue to pray.
And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire twentieth century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

fishman

Post by fishman »

I will keep both of you in my prayers.
IANAL

Topic author
Pug
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Pug »

What a jouney. It was not my intention to leave this post hanging, but the last fifteen months have been unlike anything that we've ever been through in more than 30 years of marriage. Having said that, I'm happy to say that -- after 39 weeks of chemo, 13 weeks of radiation, four major surgeries (including a week in Baylor ICU) and countless tears & prayers -- Elaine is doing very well. Last week she returned to the classroom in her new role as a state licensed diagnostician and teacher.

I have friends of various persuasions (and some who are persuaded that there is no persuasion) -- and all have been very supportive and encouraging throughout the treatment process. Just the same, I want to say "thank you" to those who shared our load through your prayers. God willing she will beat the beast over time.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Praise the Lord! What a great report to hear. We will continue to pray for your wife and family. :tiphat:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Great news Pug. We will continue prayers for a long and successful cancer free career!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

What a journey! Congratulations to Elaine on her new position. Special ed is a tough job - she's a very special lady to be able to handle it.

It's always great to hear success stories in the cancer war front - my wife and I are walking that same journey, now. She was diagnosed with uterine cancer just before last spring break, and the initial path report, once all the plumbing was removed, was that it appeared that the cancer had not spread. It looked like we had dodged a bullet.

Unfortunately, the follow-up CAT scan in June showed seven new tumors scattered through her abdomen. Finally diagnosed as a rhabdomyosarcoma, apparently extremely rare in adults, still rare but usually seen in kids, the first two rounds of the general chemo routine weren't effective and the tumors continue to grow pretty aggressively. So we're off to Houston early in September to see what M.D.Anderson has to offer.

But, again, very happy for your wife's recovery and I'll bet y'all are glad to see life kinda return to normal.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for the update Pug and than you Father for the good news. We pray you continue to bless her and guide her physicians.

n5wd you and your wife are on our prayer list also. Please touch base with us about her from time to time.

Chas.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”