Lost a good friend

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
olafpfj
Posts in topic: 1

Lost a good friend

Post by olafpfj »

Hi all. Been thinking of posting this here but have been a little too overwhelmed. One of my best friends sadly took his life last week. We had been friends since college some 17 years ago and I considered him a brother. He was one of the best and brightest at JPL in Pasadena CA and was the former project manager of the Oportunity Mars Rover. He was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and an awesome musician that I had the pleasure of playing many years with. He leaves behind his mother, father, brother and a ton of friends who never in a million years saw this coming.

Please keep him and all he touched in your prayers.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

erick619

Re: Lost a good friend

Post by erick619 »

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you lost a good friend. You, his loved ones, and friends will be in my prayers.

I know this time of your life is difficult (I lost my close uncle just over a year ago), but try and remember the great times you shared together as friends and celebrate his life!

God Bless!
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers)

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and all effected.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

varko

Post by varko »

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.
And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire twentieth century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Sorry for your loss, will add my prayers
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Hos

Post by Hos »

Wow, sorry I didn't know then when we met yesterday. You and his other family are in my prayers as well. So sad....
God, Goats, and Guns

Seventhsword

Post by Seventhsword »

Prayers your way...
Seventhsword
NRA Life Member, CHL

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”