My son....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Medic624
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My son....

Post by Medic624 »

Prayers sent... I've had em and it ain't pretty!

Long term advice for him... Urologist told me to drink plenty of water daily with lemon juice in it... The citric acid allegedly helps to dissolve the stones as they form and the extra Vit C is just good for ya...

Speedy recovery TAM Jr.! :tiphat:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

I'm praying for his quick recovery. I had a kidney stone and it was the. Worst. Pain. Ever.

For me, that stone was worse than havng all four wisdom teeth removed, breaking my leg, or being stabbed. Probably worse than all of them combined.

SRH78
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SRH78 »

I feel for him. This is something I have dealt with lots of times and it is rough. The first time is pretty scarey because you don't know what it is. Yes, the pain is bad and no position you can put your body in will bring any relief. I was 29? when I passed my first one. The biggest clue that is a kidney stone, is that the pain will move. Usually it starts in the lower back and slowly moves around toward the front but not always. Sometimes, you feel them in your groin. The firt one that did that really got my attention. It felt like someone grabbed right above "the boys" with a pair of plyers. I had passed a few stones at that point but since that one was different, I didn't realize it was a stone at first. The good news, sort of, is that the next time he has one, he will be able to recognize what it is so at least he will know what he is dealing with. Also, once they pass, that is it. The pain stops. He will be a little tender and wore out but the pain passes when the stone does. He will, however, feel a few twinges afterwards. The first thing through his mind will be "Uh oh! Here is another one" but it is just an "aftershock" of sorts.

The biggest thing that causes them is being dehydrated. The more he stays hydrated, the fewer and smaller stones he will have. Have him drink lots of water.

Sometimes they pass pretty quickly, sometimes they don't. I sincerely hope this one passes quickly.

rwg3

Post by rwg3 »

Having an attack out of the blue when I was 18 and away from home I feel for your son. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
"Moderation is the silken string running through the pearl-chain of all virtues", Thomas Fuller

steve817

Post by steve817 »

Medic624 wrote:Prayers sent... I've had em and it ain't pretty!

Long term advice for him... Urologist told me to drink plenty of water daily with lemon juice in it... The citric acid allegedly helps to dissolve the stones as they form and the extra Vit C is just good for ya...

Speedy recovery TAM Jr.! :tiphat:
Vitamin C can be good for you but a while back I had a friend that was taking massive amounts of it believing it boost his immunity. It began to crystallize and became kidney stones. The boy is now a virtual quarry. TAM I am glad they were able to quickly diagnose your son.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

TAM - thoughts and prayers your sons way (and yours too). GV Baylor has experience with this, my wife has been there twice for the same affliction...some advice, once you go around the hospital YELLING for someone to give your wife (or son) *more* pain meds...they usually do it, and rather quickly...hope it doesn't come down to that...but seeing my wife cry from the pain got me motivated (and the docs too). I'm sure your son will be fine, but it is pain that I hope to never endure. :tiphat:

TxA

Post by TxA »

TAM - thoughts and prayer for your son and for you and your wife! I pray that your son may see and hang on to God's goodness in spite of his current circumstances and pain. May he experience God's peace and compassion during this time.

I also pray that the enemy would not be able to use this suffering as an opportunity to deceive your son. Lastly, that your son's experience would increase his awareness of the depth of his need for intimacy with our Lord. May your family be blessing during this time and come closer together as a result of this experience. May your son have a speedy and complete recovery!
CHL 08/00

“We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
John Adams – 2nd President of the United States

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Glad to hear nothing serious, even though the pain associated can sometimes make you think you may not live. My brother-in-law actually passed out from the intense pain when he tried to pass one years ago. :cryin

Not to be too graphic, but after they got him to the hospital and were able to get him to pass it, it looked like a small cockelbur! :shock:

Tell that boy to drink more water and stay away from the sodas and calcium (dairy.) :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Nothing in this world worse than watching your child suffer (even when they aren't really "children" anymore)

Been through this with both my daughters, afraid to say, more than once. Seems once you go down this road, you are destined to do it again.

Praying for quick resolution.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

jimlongley wrote:The pain is indescribable, you think you are going to die, and you are afraid you won't.
Truer words have ever been spoken. It is crippling, and I have experienced no greater pain in my life than I did with my kidney stones.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Although the pain is extream, I'm glad thats all it was. I have had 5 of them over the years until after the last one the doc said stop drinking carbonated drinks. I stopped and haven't had one since. (knock on wood here). I did replace the DP with water and drink a lot of it.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Prayers TAM.

Are they going to try anything to break it up to pass easier?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

DocV

Post by DocV »

Your son and all of your family are in my prayers.

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

I'm sorry to hear this Chris. Your son and your family are in my thoughts.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”