Prayers for My Mother In Law

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 2

Prayers for My Mother In Law

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

My mother in-law was diagnosed with Follicular Thyroid Cancer a few months back. She had her thyroid removed in November and went through radioiodine therapy a few weeks later. She went for her scan/check up last week and the cancer has metastases in her lungs and ribs. While Thyroid Cancer typically has a very good prognosis, stage IV is much scarier territory. She is 50 years old and has spent the last 30 years working as a RN and NP, helping those that need it. Well, she is in need of some prayer right now and I am a huge believer in the power of prayer. Our little girl (4 months old) is her first grandchild and I would love for her to watch her grow up. Thanks to all. :tiphat:

DocV

Re: Prayers for My Mother In Law

Post by DocV »

Dear Father in Heaven. May it be your will to lift-up Carry-a-Kimber and Family and to lay your Healing Hand on Carry-a-Kimber's mother-in-law and to guide her doctors in their labors. Dear Father, I know that this, as with all things, are within Your Powers and pray this in the Name of your Precious Son and our saviour, Jesus.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

My wife and I will add your mother in law as well as your whole family to our prayer list. I will also make sure we add her to our Church prayer list as well.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Prayers from here as well. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

We will be praying for your mother-in-law and all your family. May God's healing hand be upon her.
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

That was in our family many yrs ago. I will pray for yall too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

On our daily prayer list as well
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

CodeJockey

Post by CodeJockey »

I will add her to our prayer chain at church.
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

May your mother-in-law quickly be restored to full health. Praying for her and the whole family.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I too had that fear at one time, and the Lord spared me. Father in Heaven, You are the great healer and the source of all wisdom. Lord, we ask that you will bring Carry-a-Kimber's mother in law through this time, safely and healed. We pray that You will spare her grandkids the grief of losing their nana while their hearts are so tender. We pray that You will grant her the great gift of watching them grow up. And in all things Father, Your will be done.

Amen.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

Praying for your mother-in-law

Topic author
Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Well, my MIL had been told she had metastatic cancer on her lungs, her liver, and her rib cage. After much prayer and awesome medical care....all the new tests revealed NO cancer on the scan. The doctor feels the test was a false positive or the radioactive isotope she took to kill thyroid tissue took care of the cancer too. She will be seen in 6 weeks, 6 months, and one year. Thanks for adding her to your daily prayers and to all of the prayer chains you are part of. Our prayers have been answered. She is healed! Thanks to all of you who prayed with me and my family.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:Well, my MIL had been told she had metastatic cancer on her lungs, her liver, and her rib cage. After much prayer and awesome medical care....all the new tests revealed NO cancer on the scan. The doctor feels the test was a false positive or the radioactive isotope she took to kill thyroid tissue took care of the cancer too. She will be seen in 6 weeks, 6 months, and one year. Thanks for adding her to your daily prayers and to all of the prayer chains you are part of. Our prayers have been answered. She is healed! Thanks to all of you who prayed with me and my family.
Wow.! Amazing news.! :hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Wonderful news! In these times when every post seems negative, personally or politically, it is encouraging to reinforce our knowledge that good things can and do happen to good people with the right conviction and support. Very happy for your mother in law, you, and the whole family.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is wonderful news!

Thank you Father for Your grace.

Chas.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”