My son's job....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Re: My son's job....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Thank you everybody. I'm trying hard to help him keep his spirits up. He really thought he had it made on his career arc, I my goal is to help keep him from getting too depressed so that he won't get bogged down while he's hunting for a new job.

olafpfj, I passed the information you sent me on to him. He has some minor experience in this area already through church activities, so he's amenable to pursuing that opportunity while he continues to search for a new full time job. Thanks again. We appreciate it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The_Busy_Mom
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

Two weeks ago, a poster (another forum) from White Wing Weaponry in Denton sent out feelers looking for a gunsmith. Here is their website:
http://www.whitewingweaponryco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure if they are still looking, but worth a try.

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

God has a plan for each of us. He will show the way if we let Him.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

The_Busy_Mom wrote:Two weeks ago, a poster (another forum) from White Wing Weaponry in Denton sent out feelers looking for a gunsmith. Here is their website:
http://www.whitewingweaponryco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure if they are still looking, but worth a try.

:txflag: TBM
He actually already applied for that job and interviewed for it. They liked him, but they were looking for a master gunsmith, which he is not. He said it is a pretty nice place with all new equipment and very well set up, but he lacks the machining equipment experience of a master gunsmith. He can and has done parts fitting, trigger jobs, etc., etc., but not actual parts fabrication, and that's what White Wing Weaponry was looking for because they are starting to fabricate their own lowers and other receiver parts in house.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

TAM, I'll search in the couple FFL forums I am a member of and see if anything comes up. Also, some have been mentioned and I will throw them out there: Shoot Smart; Cabela's, Bass Pro, brand new Dick's Sporting, Academy(s) and Eagle. The only one I know that was looking was Shoot Smart. This is our home range and I have mixed feelings about the owner but the staff always seems to do things rights. Good luck.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

armanius

Post by armanius »

Praying for your son and his family!
04.03.2013 Mailed Documents
06.19.2013 Received CHL
NRA Member

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

Done...
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

Beckster

Post by Beckster »

Praying that God's peace be with your son and DIL as they face some uncertain days.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Thank you everyone for your prayers. My son landed a job last week. I didn't want to say anything yet because it wasn't for sure. He had to work a couple of days there to see if he was a good fit.

Anyway, he's now working at Bear Creek Firearms in Keller, doing gun sales and as a gunsmithing apprentice. I've been in the shop a couple times. It's a small store, but with a constant stream of customers, and the owner definitely knows his way around a work bench. If you like 1911s and M1A's this is the place. He's also got some really rare collectibles for sale. For instance, he has an unfired M1-C Garand sniper rifle with the original scope mounted, hanging from the ceiling. He's got a fairly rare "double-stamp" Winchester/Springfield Garand for sale, and some other fairly desirable collectibles.

They seem to like my son, and he likes working there. He took a cut in pay from his last job, but there is some potential for growth there. The owner wants to open a new store soon, and so my son has gotten in on the ground floor. They also teach CHL classes there.

Again, thanks for all of your prayers.

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Tam me and Mary are praying for your family.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

congratz to him.
thats just down the street from me.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

cheezit wrote:congratz to him.
thats just down the street from me.
Yeah, my son lives in No. Richland Hills, just SW of 820 and 26, and he says that it only takes him 20 minutes to get to work, driving right up Rufe Snow. It's a real nice little shop. You should check it out if you haven't been there yet. You won't see it from 1709. It's around the back of the two businesses that front on the highway. I spent a couple of hours there yesterday afternoon just hanging around. Like I said, his prices are a little spendy, but on some things they are just reflective of the what the market is doing. He sells a lot on gunbroker too, and at local auctions also.

#TINVOWOOT

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Really glad for your son , maybe he can get more experience and work his way up .

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

He's on my list too.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

yay! sounds great!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”