Health Need

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Songbird
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Health Need

Post by Songbird »

Joining with you in prayer
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Prayers at sleep and wake.

Thank you, Lord, for your blessings.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Praying for healing.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

My friend Randy died peacefully at M.D. Anderson Hospital tonight. Thankfully, he accepted Christ a few weeks ago when his brother had the opportunity to lead him to the Lord. For this I am thankful beyond words.

I could write volumes about this lifelong friend. We grew up together, got in trouble together, hunted together, rode motorcycles together, stayed at each others' homes as members of the family and so much more. He was an electrical engineer by education and experience, but he was also a great mechanical/structural engineer by experience. I have long forgotten the hundreds of projects he designed and completed for me over 40+ years, including very sophisticated electrical and electrical/pneumatic target systems for our range. He wasn't even a shooter, he did it because we were friends.

Randy was a brilliant man and a loyal friend. As my youngest son said, "Dad, he was your oldest friend." Yes he was and we were raised at a time when the title "friend" was the highest rank a man could hold. I will miss him.

Thank you for your prayers. They were answered in the most important way possible when he accepted Christ.

Chas.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am sorry for your loss of a great friend. We will pray for you and his family for comfort in time of need.

Praise The Lord that he was saved in the eleventh hour. That is the grace of God at its finest.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

That is both sad and joyous news at the same Charles. I'm sorry for your loss, though I can imagine the welcoming party in Heaven right now isn't enough close to winding down.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

So sorry to hear of his passing and glad to hear he accepted Christ.
Last edited by Lumberjack98 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Prayers for peace and solace for Randy's family and you guys Charles.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

carlson1 wrote:. . . Praise The Lord that he was saved in the eleventh hour. That is the grace of God at its finest.
Amen! Perhaps some who believe it's too late or they've been "too bad" to be forgiven will be encouraged to accept the Lord's free gift of salvation. Matthew 20:1-16 is a comfort to many and is a great tool for those heeding the call to spread the good news. It is never too late -- no one is too "bad"!

Chas.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

carlson1 wrote:I am sorry for your loss of a great friend. We will pray for you and his family for comfort in time of need.

Praise The Lord that he was saved in the eleventh hour. That is the grace of God at its finest.
AMEN
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

TxD

Post by TxD »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
carlson1 wrote:. . . Praise The Lord that he was saved in the eleventh hour. That is the grace of God at its finest.
Amen! Perhaps some who believe it's too late or they've been "too bad" to be forgiven will be encouraged to accept the Lord's free gift of salvation. Matthew 20:1-16 is a comfort to many and is a great tool for those heeding the call to spread the good news. It is never too late -- no one is too "bad"!

Chas.
I have posted this before. It never gets old.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Black Rifles Matter

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Well said. If Christ could save two criminals could save two criminals just before they were put to death, he can save us all.

I'm sorry about your friend, Charles. You've honored him greatly in your words.
Psalm 91:2

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. He now moves on to a greater reward.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers of thanks for his salvation and for healing for his family and friends. I know close friends dont come often but when you lose one it can be devistating.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I am sorry for your loss Charles, may God bless you, your family and your friends family.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”