Just had a work related accident (Healed, Thanks)

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 6

Just had a work related accident (Healed, Thanks)

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I usually try not to ask for prayers for myself, but I'm truly scared right now. I'm 24 and I work a part time job at FedEx. Tonight while at work I fell about 20 feet off a ladder onto concrete. I know God was watching out for me because I landed on my feet and missed all the equipment at the base. I also didn't hit my head. I did manage to twist my ankle pretty bad and I did something to my back. The pain is excruciating. More than that I'm worried about permanent problems. I saw trainers and they think its all muscle related, but still thinking about going to the hospital. Please keep me in your prayers
Thanks,
Allan
Last edited by ajwakeboarder on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Just had a work related accident

Post by jmra »

Did you report the accident to your supervisor? If not, do so at the very first opportunity. Then see a doctor as soon as you can. Since this is work related everything should be covered under workmans comp.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Very important -- actually critical -- to get this accident on record ASAP with Fedex. If you have no strong preference on where to seek medical attention, ask your supervisor if there is a place that Fedex prefers. For example, we send people to Concentra for workplace injuries unless it would be so serious that they are going to a hospital ER by ambulance.

Prompt reporting documenting the injury within 24 hours of injury is the best way to make sure your claim is not denied. For example, what if you wake up tomorrow stiff and sore, and then it gets progressively worse. If you finally see a doctor 4-5 days from now, you have opened yourself up for questioning as to whether this injury even happened at work or not. For example, an accusation could be maybe you went bowling this weekend and hurt yourself there and not in the workplace. You said your back is sore, and if there is something there that ends up requiring longer term treatment or physical therapy you want to make sure that the Workers Comp policy is picking up the tab. Also, you should be paid for any time missed.

If you have any witnesses to the fall, make sure you note them in your first report of injury.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

DocV

Post by DocV »

You are 24 and are in reasonably good shape. If you are hurting, your body is telling you to get some help. Do not attempt to "shake" this off. Get to a doctor. Report the accident. Injuries have a bad habit of coming back to haunt if not properly taken care of.

BLG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BLG »

Even at 110lbs ( like myself), you can't fall 20ft without injuring your back. Since it is 4 hours after the accident I hope the op is already in the ER. If not , go now

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Prayers for ajwakeboarder.
Jumping Frog wrote:Very important -- actually critical -- to get this accident on record ASAP with Fedex. If you have no strong preference on where to seek medical attention, ask your supervisor if there is a place that Fedex prefers. For example, we send people to Concentra for workplace injuries unless it would be so serious that they are going to a hospital ER by ambulance.

Prompt reporting documenting the injury within 24 hours of injury is the best way to make sure your claim is not denied. For example, what if you wake up tomorrow stiff and sore, and then it gets progressively worse. If you finally see a doctor 4-5 days from now, you have opened yourself up for questioning as to whether this injury even happened at work or not. For example, an accusation could be maybe you went bowling this weekend and hurt yourself there and not in the workplace. You said your back is sore, and if there is something there that ends up requiring longer term treatment or physical therapy you want to make sure that the Workers Comp policy is picking up the tab. Also, you should be paid for any time missed.

If you have any witnesses to the fall, make sure you note them in your first report of injury.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: etc

May companies have a policy that may lead to dismissal if an accident is not reported in a timely manner.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Thanks y'all. My boss had to fill out a report on the accident. I'm in the ER now. I fractured at least one verdabre. I'd appreciate your continued prayers.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Prayers added.

The worst thing about on the job injuries is dealing with workmen's comp.

Get better soon.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ajwakeboarder wrote:Thanks y'all. My boss had to fill out a report on the accident. I'm in the ER now. I fractured at least one verdabre. I'd appreciate your continued prayers.
Hopefully, you'll recover quickly. I was about your age the first time I hurt my back. I'll lift you up in prayer, but be aware that from here on in, even if you live without pain, you'll have to be more protective of your back in order to guard against re-injuring it.

God, You are the Great Physician. I ask you in Jesus's name to fully heal AJ's back, and to guide the minds and hands of his doctors.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:Thanks y'all. My boss had to fill out a report on the accident. I'm in the ER now. I fractured at least one verdabre. I'd appreciate your continued prayers.
Hopefully, you'll recover quickly. I was about your age the first time I hurt my back. I'll lift you up in prayer, but be aware that from here on in, even if you live without pain, you'll have to be more protective of your back in order to guard against re-injuring it.

God, You are the Great Physician. I ask you in Jesus's name to fully heal AJ's back, and to guide the minds and hands of his doctors.

amen,

follow through with whatever they tell you to do as far as healing. Don't rush anything. I'm not going to get into "back pain for life" stories. I'm sure you've already heard enough. Just do what they tell you to do and do it thoroughly. But don't over-do the meds!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Allan, you are on the Cotton's prayer list.

Chas.

fishman

Post by fishman »

Prayers up, hope you get better. Keep us updated.
IANAL

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Praying for a good diagnosis, treatment plan and fast recovery.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Sending prayers!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

DocV

Post by DocV »

Thank you AJ for going to the hospital and filing a report. And thank you Father for guiding AJ's fall so that he landed sunny-side up instead of on his noggin 'lest we be mourning his untimely demise. Also, Father, although Your plans are ofttimes confoundedly difficult for us to comprehend, we know You have AJ in Your Eyes and in Your Heart and that You will continue to guide him down his path and that You will direct his healing.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”