Just had a work related accident (Healed, Thanks)

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just had a work related accident

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Sorry to hear of your accident and will be praying for a speedy recovery and a good outcome with your employer.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

I'm praying for your full recovery.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

I am so glad you didn't go to Concentra. They look at patients as merely a paycheck and try to keep them in their system. Get a good Doctor and do what they say. Praying for healing and praying thanks that it was not worse.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Thank y'all for the prayers. I'm at home now healing up. I'm gonna be out of work for another 2 months or so, but my spirits are pretty high. I can walk now with a cane and my back is feeling better every day. I really appreciate your prayers. Ya'll are the best.
Thanks,
Allan
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Allan - I am happy to hear that you are recovering. Keep it up!
NRA Endowment Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Great news. Sounds just like like my Brother-In-Law in the post above. You will be sore for a while, but they can do wonders with back injuries these days. Plus you have youth on your side!! :thumbs2:

Keep us informed of your progress!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That is great that you are feeling better. We will continue to pray for your recovery.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

great news!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ajwakeboarder wrote:Thank y'all for the prayers. I'm at home now healing up. I'm gonna be out of work for another 2 months or so, but my spirits are pretty high. I can walk now with a cane and my back is feeling better every day. I really appreciate your prayers. Ya'll are the best.
Thanks,
Allan
Glad to hear that you're doing better. I'm full of metal parts too at L4/L5. Take GOOD care of your back from now on. You will have a much less forgiving spine going forward. Keep us posted.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Take care of yourself Allan and make sure you give yourself enough time to recover. God bless you.
Psalm 91:2

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Jumping Frog wrote:Very important -- actually critical -- to get this accident on record ASAP with Fedex. If you have no strong preference on where to seek medical attention, ask your supervisor if there is a place that Fedex prefers. For example, we send people to Concentra for workplace injuries unless it would be so serious that they are going to a hospital ER by ambulance.

Prompt reporting documenting the injury within 24 hours of injury is the best way to make sure your claim is not denied. For example, what if you wake up tomorrow stiff and sore, and then it gets progressively worse. If you finally see a doctor 4-5 days from now, you have opened yourself up for questioning as to whether this injury even happened at work or not. For example, an accusation could be maybe you went bowling this weekend and hurt yourself there and not in the workplace. You said your back is sore, and if there is something there that ends up requiring longer term treatment or physical therapy you want to make sure that the Workers Comp policy is picking up the tab. Also, you should be paid for any time missed.

If you have any witnesses to the fall, make sure you note them in your first report of injury.
I agree with this.

I too fell from a ladder many years ago and although I didn't think I was hurt at the time, I severely compressed 3 discs. I have since had 2 back surgeries to repair them that came out of my pocket because I never reported it.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Great to hear the good news. Back injuries are not fun and stay with you. Keep up the good progress and remember a lot is mind over pain.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

You were lucky. Back problems can come and go. 20 years ago my back went out completely in a parking lot and put me on the ground. It got better and never happened again after that, though recently I've had some near misses. I think there is a very good chance of recovery.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Being a good compliant patient that follows your doctors orders will go a long way to maximizing your recovery.

Wishing you the best.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I just want to thank all of yall again. I just got released back to full duty on Thursday. Today was my first day working full time at my job at my church. I start back full duty at FedEx tomorrow night. My back feels pretty good, but my ankle still gives me trouble sometimes. (go figure)
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”