Wife Sick with Cancer.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 199

Re: Wife Sick with Cancer.

Post by Deltaboy »

Thanks Folks ,she cried today cause she could not get out to go eat lunch with me for my 53rd Birthday. My Daughter took me instead. :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Amy said she is done and wants to stop treatments and go on Hospice care. A Bladder bag and a Poop bag are just too much for her to deal with cause she had leaks from the fissures cause by the heavy Radiation therapy she took 2 years ago! :tiphat:

carlson1
Posts in topic: 56

Post by carlson1 »

I am not for sure what to say other than you and Amy are in our prayers. Jesus is the Great Physician and sometimes His plans are different from ours. He sees the whole picture and we only see part of the picture.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 32

Post by RPBrown »

There really are no words to express how we feel other that our prayers are with you, Amy, and your entire family. God has a plan for each of us and only he know that plan. The best that can be done is to keep her as comfortable as possible and continue to show her all of your love and affection.
I now its a cliquish, but let us know if you need anything, even if its a shoulder thats been there to cry on.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 25

Post by WildBill »

Continued prayers for your wife Amy, you and your family. I wish I could do more.
NRA Endowment Member

rtschl
Posts in topic: 16

Post by rtschl »

Praying for you both.
Ron
NRA Member

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by BigGuy »

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for all of you.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 19

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This breaks my heart, but brother, I understand. We will continue to hold you both in our prayers, and I also pray that, if it is God’s plan to call her home to glory, her last days will be pain free, and surround by those who love her. She is already surrounded by The One Who Loves Her Most of All. May she finish well. I am grieving for you brother.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

oljames3
Posts in topic: 19

Post by oljames3 »

Continuing to pray and agree.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 24

Post by twomillenium »

Continued Prayer for Amy and you and your family and friends. My Dad went through a long battle with cancer and made the same decision. It was his to make and he was ready. Ultimately, he did not lose because he knew Jesus Christ as his Lord and for this reason, through Grace, he won the war, when he joined his Lord in Heaven.
Just continue to love and comfort Amy and assure her that you understand her decision. Have a Wonderful Christmas and cherish the good times that you and Amy have experienced and be especially close and understanding for your daughter. Let her lean on you for strength because you will lean on her for strength as well. Special Prayer for strength.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 72

Post by SewTexas »

I just got home from vacation. I started looking for this post immediately. I can understand her feeling, this has to be hard on her, and horrible for you and your family, but know you have sooooo many people praying for you.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I am so happy she made it to Christmas eve! :tiphat:

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 24

Post by twomillenium »

So happy that your family has this holiday time. Hold it close and hold her close. My prayer are still with you.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 25

Post by WildBill »

Deltaboy wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:48 pm I am so happy she made it to Christmas eve! :tiphat:
That is great. Still praying for you. I hope today is an even better day.
NRA Endowment Member

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

We will remember you and your wife and family in our prayers. St. Peregrine is the patron saint of those with cancer and as Carl pointed out Our Savior Jesus is the Great Physician.

Eddie
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”