Wreck kills local church goers

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Wreck kills local church goers

Post by SewTexas »

OlBill wrote:The legislature needs to put a law on the Governor's desk and he needs to sign it.

why? it's against the law to text and drive in San Antonio....do you know how many people I see do it, when I get out? Heck, everywhere I drive in this area it's illegal....and every other driver is doing it. Nothing the Gov does is going to stop it. Maybe this will actually do something, if that's actually what happened.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

OlBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by OlBill »

SewTexas wrote:
OlBill wrote:The legislature needs to put a law on the Governor's desk and he needs to sign it.

why? it's against the law to text and drive in San Antonio....do you know how many people I see do it, when I get out? Heck, everywhere I drive in this area it's illegal....and every other driver is doing it. Nothing the Gov does is going to stop it. Maybe this will actually do something, if that's actually what happened.
Same thing they said about seatbelts.

DLuke00
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DLuke00 »

DLuke00 wrote:
Jusme wrote:Prayers of comfort for all of the friends and families, of the deceased, prayers of healing for those injured. God got a large group of angels at one time.
Amen brother! A very sad day BUT, they are rejoicing seeing the face of our Lord!! I pray that gives comfort to all the families and parishioners involved!!!

Yes brother! They are rejoicing with Jesus and as much as it is comforting knowing you're family and friends are experiencing a joy that we as Christians will not know until it is our time, the families, friends and parishioners of this church, as well as the town, really need our prayers! May God bless those left behind! God is our comforter and I pray that He gives them peace beyond all understanding!!

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

and most people didn't start wearing them because they had to, they started wearing them because they learned that it was safer. Yeh, some wore them because they didn't want the ticket, but most wore them because of the safety.
We don't need a law that says every time you look down you're suspected of having a phone in your lap when in fact you might have been brushing away a bug. It's a bad law.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

DLuke00

Post by DLuke00 »

My prayers are with all involved! If the story of the texting and driving holds true then the young man that allegedly caused the crash surely needs our prayers as well!! A cell phone DOES NOT need to be in the hands of someone driving!! This is just unimaginable and I can not even imagine what the the families nor the driver of the truck are having to deal with!! May our Lord comfort all involved with this terrible incident!

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Horrible Tragedy .Prayers for all those families and the Church.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

I use to be against the govt. telling us when to use our phones, but I quit riding my motorcycle because of texting. There were always people not paying attention but from my observations, I believe texting while drive can be every bit as dangerous as drunk driving. There are also a lot more texting drivers at all times of the day. I would like to see them suspend licenses at some point maybe 3rd offense or causing an accident, which ever comes first. (sigh) I think I am sounding like the old man that says, no yells, "GET OFF MY PROPERTY and DON"T COME BACK!".
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

SewTexas wrote:
OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

and most people didn't start wearing them because they had to, they started wearing them because they learned that it was safer. Yeh, some wore them because they didn't want the ticket, but most wore them because of the safety.
We don't need a law that says every time you look down you're suspected of having a phone in your lap when in fact you might have been brushing away a bug. It's a bad law.
For me, I was a teenager when they made it illegal and only wore it to avoid a ticket. Once I got in the habit, I found I didn't want to drive without it. These days I would wear it even if it was legal to go without it.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

twomillenium wrote:I use to be against the govt. telling us when to use our phones, but I quit riding my motorcycle because of texting. There were always people not paying attention but from my observations, I believe texting while drive can be every bit as dangerous as drunk driving. There are also a lot more texting drivers at all times of the day. I would like to see them suspend licenses at some point maybe 3rd offense or causing an accident, which ever comes first. (sigh) I think I am sounding like the old man that says, no yells, "GET OFF MY PROPERTY and DON"T COME BACK!".
They drive exactly like drunk drivers.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

SewTexas wrote:
OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

It's a good law. People are addicted and have zero self control on this subject.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
OlBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:

It's a good law. People are addicted and have zero self control on this subject.

and when you get a ticket becuase you were brushing away a bug, or scratching your leg....
understand, these laws are among the ones where you are "guilty until proven innocent"....

the kid who caused this accident wasn't just texting, he had taken Ambien and Lexapro, during the day, Ambien is a night-time med....smart money says his defense is going to be "I didn't know I was driving, I'd taken Ambien." Then he'll only be guilty of taking a stupid med that everyone knows makes you do stupid stuff.
~
~Tracy

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

The driver of the truck, 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young, was recorded swerving in and out of his lane March 29 before the bus crash.
Young said he consumed the prescription medications clonazepam, Ambien and Lexapro and was distracted by his cellphone before the
crash, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety affidavit for a search warrant obtained by KENS-TV.

Several medications were found in the front seat of Young’s pickup, including 29 doses of the sedative zolpidem in a bottle,
30 pills of the antidepressant escitalopram and empty bottles of the anti-anxiety drug clonazepam and prazosin, a drug to treat
high blood pressure, investigator Scott Hewitt stated, according to KENS-TV. Several marijuana cigarettes, most of them partially
smoked, were reportedly also found in the pickup's center console.
:banghead:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2 ... -killed-13
NRA Endowment Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

WildBill wrote:
The driver of the truck, 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young, was recorded swerving in and out of his lane March 29 before the bus crash.
Young said he consumed the prescription medications clonazepam, Ambien and Lexapro and was distracted by his cellphone before the
crash, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety affidavit for a search warrant obtained by KENS-TV.

Several medications were found in the front seat of Young’s pickup, including 29 doses of the sedative zolpidem in a bottle,
30 pills of the antidepressant escitalopram and empty bottles of the anti-anxiety drug clonazepam and prazosin, a drug to treat
high blood pressure, investigator Scott Hewitt stated, according to KENS-TV. Several marijuana cigarettes, most of them partially

He was almost comatose then. I hope they charge him with 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Jusme wrote:
WildBill wrote:

He was almost comatose then. I hope they charge him with 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter.

that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
He admitted to taking the Ambien and Lexapro. As far as I know that's all. So yeh, he would have been pretty much asleep, and should be charged with some sort of DUI or something. But I haven't read anywhere that tox results have come back or that he had taken anything else or smoked the pot that day. None of the cops said, "they were still smoking" or "they were warm" or whatever....
it's obvious the kid has a problem and needs help. And yes, I hope he goes to prison for a long time. But, I also would like to hold the media to the truth.
~Tracy

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

SewTexas wrote:that's irresponsible writing. think about your wife's, purse and what could be written about her after an accident, your mother's. Is that what you would want?
He admitted to taking the Ambien and Lexapro. As far as I know that's all. So yeh, he would have been pretty much asleep, and should be charged with some sort of DUI or something. But I haven't read anywhere that tox results have come back or that he had taken anything else or smoked the pot that day. None of the cops said, "they were still smoking" or "they were warm" or whatever....
it's obvious the kid has a problem and needs help. And yes, I hope he goes to prison for a long time. But, I also would like to hold the media to the truth.
:headscratch You're defending the indefensible. Straw man argument all you want, but this "kid" (not, he's 20 years old and an adult) killed 13 people with his deliberate actions. Whether he had a joint lit and smoking it at the time of the crash in immaterial.
You are correct, tox results have not been made public, but I don't see how it's relevant based upon the evidence recovered at the scene and his own admissions of the pills he had taken. Texting while driving was the least of his offenses.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”