Ankle injury

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ankle injury

Post by SewTexas »

ouch!

prayers!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Prayers sent and best of luck.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

I dont know if this is any help but Baylor has a possible 40% discount for people with out insurance, I'm not sure what the requirements are however.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

TAM, I'm very sorry to hear about your injury. A lower extremity injury that limits mobility is extremely debilitating and makes everything you normally do easily much more difficult. A couple years ago I badly tore up a tendon in my ankle that required surgery. The damage was so extensive the doc had to sew the damaged tendon to another one alongside it. Weeks of crutches, month of boot, and months of rehab followed before I could get most (not all) of the function back.

Prayers sent for successful negotiation with the docs, perfect surgery, and rapid recovery.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Prayers lifted, brother. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

Prayers sent.

madwildcat

Post by madwildcat »

Prayers sent for you and wife.

FCH

Post by FCH »

You have our prayers for comfort and healing.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

May the Holy One bless you, heal you, restore you, speedily and without delay - along with all of the other of our brethren who may be suffering.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Amen.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Good luck and Best Wishes for all.

I stopped in the ER at Baptist Hospital in Arkadelphia, AR a couple weeks ago with an internal disorder and was given several papers prior to examination. One document announced that if the patient could not pay the billed amount, it would be reduced 72%. That may be a federal law?

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Done!

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!!

I've had my wheels in for repair and it's not a lot of fun. Work at your PT like you did your job.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I did all but break bones in my ankle a few years ago. I stretched my ligaments and tendons to the limit. I know they are dorky as all get out, but crocks helped Me as much as anything and enabled me to walk with moderate pain.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

Prayers for healing and for your family.
It seems that from now on, if you want to go to the ballet, you or someone else will have to buy tickets. :lol:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Here's an update on my ankle.....mostly good news:

(1) No surgery for now. The posterior tibialis tendon is torn, but my doctor wants to treat it conservatively. If that doesn't work, we can consider surgery down the road. Praise Jesus.

(2) I am to not let my bare left foot touch the floor for the next 4-6 weeks. No more showers ( :grumble ), baths only, with my foot elevated. The boot only comes off for bedtime and bathing.

(3) She gave me an "Even Up" to wear on my right shoe, to make my stride length equal while wearing the boot, so that I can walk closer to normal, and I've e ordered a knee scooter which arrives in the next day or two so that I can get around parking lots and such.

(4) If after 4-6 weeks I show some signs of recovery, we will begin some aggressive physical therapy.

(5) If this treatment plan is not successful, then we can always revisit doing surgery. Thank you everyone for your prayers.

(6) I'm going to be custom fitted with an orthotic for my right foot, and an some kind of ankle brace for my left foot, which (as I understand it) acts as a combination orthotic and brace. I have no idea what this looks like. Anyway, regardless of outcome and/or surgery, these are more or less permanent I guess.

So it could be worse, but it will also be a major inconvenience for the next month or two.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”