TAM In The Hospital

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

varko
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TAM In The Hospital

Post by varko »

Just saw this. Will be praying for a quick recovery.
And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire twentieth century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

4 UNITS???? holy kittens!!!!

Going home!!!! :cheers2: cool stuff!!!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

SewTexas wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:11 pm holy kittens!!!!
:smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm He'll be fine. He's old-school, we'll just roll him around in some dirt for a bit and he'll be good as new :cool:
Put some Windex on it? :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm
AndyC wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm He'll be fine. He's old-school, we'll just roll him around in some dirt for a bit and he'll be good as new :cool:
Put some Windex on it? :lol:
We're in Texas son. We don't use Windex, we use diesel. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 am Going home! I’ve just gotten the official discharge notice from the doctor, had the IV line pulled out, and packed my stuff. Waiting for the final paperwork to sign, and for a nurse with a wheelchair.
Good bull (although the *final* paperwork will be arriving in the mail for the next ten weeks from the physician(s), hospital, anesthesiologist, and the nurse that comes with the wheelchair).
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

TAM, you need to fully assimilate into Texas and eat more hot peppers. They are suppose to keep ulcers away. And all this time I thought you have became one of us :biggrinjester:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Well, late to the party as usual.

I haven't been on the forum for a little while and missed this whole episode. I'm very glad, my friend, that you were in and out so quickly. If you lost that much blood, you're hemoglobin must have taken a real shot. Don't rush your recovery. It might take several months to reproduce those lost red cells to make up the loss and get your hemoglobin and hematocrit back around around where they were.

Praying for a good recovery!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

jason812 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm TAM, you need to fully assimilate into Texas and eat more hot peppers. They are suppose to keep ulcers away. And all this time I thought you have became one of us :biggrinjester:
I never did like my heat turned all the way up to "ludicrous", simply because I want to enjoy the other flavors too. (There ARE other flavors besides hot! :lol: ) But, I did like to eat poppers, and was no stranger to fiery salsas. I’m already in mourning.
C-dub wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm Well, late to the party as usual.

I haven't been on the forum for a little while and missed this whole episode. I'm very glad, my friend, that you were in and out so quickly. If you lost that much blood, you're hemoglobin must have taken a real shot. Don't rush your recovery. It might take several months to reproduce those lost red cells to make up the loss and get your hemoglobin and hematocrit back around around where they were.

Thanks C-dub. My H&H did take a beating. They did draw a type and cross match, but never hung any blood on my IV. I am as weak as a kitten still, and I really need to build my strength back up. But I can tell that this is going to be a process and take a while, so I’m having to learn patience.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

[/quote]
Thanks C-dub. I am as weak as a kitten still, and I really need to build my strength back up. But I can tell that this is going to be a process and take a while, so I’m having to learn patience.
[/quote]

Well, your not alone.... I was told I couldn't go to the range for 6 weeks.. I'm on week one.... Glad your feeling better though... This getting old "stuff" bites.....

The Annoyed Man

Tex1961 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 am This getting old "stuff" bites.....
It’s not for the faint of heart, that’s for sure! :lol:

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am
jason812 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm TAM, you need to fully assimilate into Texas and eat more hot peppers. They are suppose to keep ulcers away. And all this time I thought you have became one of us :biggrinjester:
I never did like my heat turned all the way up to "ludicrous", simply because I want to enjoy the other flavors too. (There ARE other flavors besides hot! :lol: ) But, I did like to eat poppers, and was no stranger to fiery salsas. I’m already in mourning.
C-dub wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm Well, late to the party as usual.

Thanks C-dub. My H&H did take a beating. They did draw a type and cross match, but never hung any blood on my IV. I am as weak as a kitten still, and I really need to build my strength back up. But I can tell that this is going to be a process and take a while, so I’m having to learn patience.
Top all that off with having Flu-A, my friend, and you are a hot mess. I had Flu-A a few months ago and felt like I was gonna die for a few days. Holy moly! Just that took me at least three weeks or so to fully recover. I returned to work after two weeks, but had to take it a little slower for a week when I did return. You will be over the Flu before you recover that blood loss oxygen carrying capacity, so you're gonna be a little short of breath for a while and get tired sooner with activity. That's going to be the most difficult thing for you to deal with as you recover.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am

to try to build up your iron and such, try to get some red meat in you, salmon is really high in iron, also bright great veggies, and almonds surprisingly, when you're feeling a bit low just eat a handful of almonds, it helps. I was badly anemic for years, I learned all sorts of foods that helped.
hoping you are feeling back to normal soon.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”