TAM In The Hospital

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

varko
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TAM In The Hospital

Post by varko » Wed May 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Just saw this. Will be praying for a quick recovery.
And if I were called upon to identify briefly the principal trait of the entire twentieth century, here too, I would be unable to find anything more precise and pithy than to repeat once again: Men have forgotten God. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

AndyC
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AndyC » Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm

He'll be fine. He's old-school, we'll just roll him around in some dirt for a bit and he'll be good as new :cool:
Remember Kitty Genovese

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club, Iraq
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas » Wed May 15, 2019 3:11 pm

4 UNITS???? holy kittens!!!!

Going home!!!! :cheers2: cool stuff!!!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill » Wed May 15, 2019 3:21 pm

SewTexas wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:11 pm
holy kittens!!!!
:smilelol5:
NRA Endowment Member

DXer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DXer » Wed May 15, 2019 3:39 pm

No matter how much they try to comfort you, a hospital room isn't home. The Lord God has watched over you and is restoring your health. Texas has some fine doctors who are guided by the Lord. Welcome home.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm

AndyC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm
He'll be fine. He's old-school, we'll just roll him around in some dirt for a bit and he'll be good as new :cool:
Put some Windex on it? :lol:
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw » Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:53 pm
AndyC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm
Put some Windex on it? :lol:
We're in Texas son. We don't use Windex, we use diesel. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M » Wed May 15, 2019 7:19 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 am
Going home! I’ve just gotten the official discharge notice from the doctor, had the IV line pulled out, and packed my stuff. Waiting for the final paperwork to sign, and for a nurse with a wheelchair.
Good bull (although the *final* paperwork will be arriving in the mail for the next ten weeks from the physician(s), hospital, anesthesiologist, and the nurse that comes with the wheelchair).
“[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country.” Life and Times of Frederick Douglass

jason812

Post by jason812 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm

TAM, you need to fully assimilate into Texas and eat more hot peppers. They are suppose to keep ulcers away. And all this time I thought you have became one of us :biggrinjester:

C-dub

Post by C-dub » Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Well, late to the party as usual.

I haven't been on the forum for a little while and missed this whole episode. I'm very glad, my friend, that you were in and out so quickly. If you lost that much blood, you're hemoglobin must have taken a real shot. Don't rush your recovery. It might take several months to reproduce those lost red cells to make up the loss and get your hemoglobin and hematocrit back around around where they were.

Praying for a good recovery!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am

jason812 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
TAM, you need to fully assimilate into Texas and eat more hot peppers. They are suppose to keep ulcers away. And all this time I thought you have became one of us :biggrinjester:
I never did like my heat turned all the way up to "ludicrous", simply because I want to enjoy the other flavors too. (There ARE other flavors besides hot! :lol: ) But, I did like to eat poppers, and was no stranger to fiery salsas. I’m already in mourning.
C-dub wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm

I haven't been on the forum for a little while and missed this whole episode. I'm very glad, my friend, that you were in and out so quickly. If you lost that much blood, you're hemoglobin must have taken a real shot. Don't rush your recovery. It might take several months to reproduce those lost red cells to make up the loss and get your hemoglobin and hematocrit back around around where they were.

Thanks C-dub. My H&H did take a beating. They did draw a type and cross match, but never hung any blood on my IV. I am as weak as a kitten still, and I really need to build my strength back up. But I can tell that this is going to be a process and take a while, so I’m having to learn patience.
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 am

[/quote]
Thanks C-dub. I am as weak as a kitten still, and I really need to build my strength back up. But I can tell that this is going to be a process and take a while, so I’m having to learn patience.
[/quote]

Well, your not alone.... I was told I couldn't go to the range for 6 weeks.. I'm on week one.... Glad your feeling better though... This getting old "stuff" bites.....
Mike Troncalli
Owner and operator of Tejas Products "Manufacturer of firearm related accessories and custom laser engraving"
and Certified gun nut. :txflag:

WWW.TEJASPRODUCTS.COM

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 am

Tex1961 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:16 am
This getting old "stuff" bites.....
It’s not for the faint of heart, that’s for sure! :lol:

C-dub

Post by C-dub » Thu May 16, 2019 8:37 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am
jason812 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
I never did like my heat turned all the way up to "ludicrous", simply because I want to enjoy the other flavors too. (There ARE other flavors besides hot! :lol: ) But, I did like to eat poppers, and was no stranger to fiery salsas. I’m already in mourning.
C-dub wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Thanks C-dub. My H&H did take a beating. They did draw a type and cross match, but never hung any blood on my IV. I am as weak as a kitten still, and I really need to build my strength back up. But I can tell that this is going to be a process and take a while, so I’m having to learn patience.
Top all that off with having Flu-A, my friend, and you are a hot mess. I had Flu-A a few months ago and felt like I was gonna die for a few days. Holy moly! Just that took me at least three weeks or so to fully recover. I returned to work after two weeks, but had to take it a little slower for a week when I did return. You will be over the Flu before you recover that blood loss oxygen carrying capacity, so you're gonna be a little short of breath for a while and get tired sooner with activity. That's going to be the most difficult thing for you to deal with as you recover.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas » Thu May 16, 2019 1:50 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:12 am

to try to build up your iron and such, try to get some red meat in you, salmon is really high in iron, also bright great veggies, and almonds surprisingly, when you're feeling a bit low just eat a handful of almonds, it helps. I was badly anemic for years, I learned all sorts of foods that helped.
hoping you are feeling back to normal soon.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”