Prayers For My Mom

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Prayers For My Mom

Post by carlson1 »

We have visited this same situation a couple of times in the last twelve months. She is right now in a rehab after an ambulance ride last week to the ER. She can’t take care of herself anymore. Her mind is sharp as a tack, but her body is wearing down. She refuses to move in with my sister who just built a house and had part of it built for our Mom. She refuses the nursing home ideal.

So in seven days I am afraid we will have to force a decision on her.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prayers For My Mom

Post by Jusme »

Prayers sent Carl. Hoping she will realize, that it is time to make that move.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

An incredibly difficult decision to make, to be sure. Prayers for your Mom, your sister, your family and yourself as you all ask for His guidance. Is assisted living an option?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Joe unfortunately she passed the assisted living stage about three years ago. I brought that to her attention then because the decisions we are facing now would have been easier, but she flat refuses to move out of her house. I am afraid a case worker may step in this time. Her primary doctor has refused to see her again because he says she is living in a dangerous environment. With her health the way way it is I agree with the doctor 100%. At the age of 92 I guess she deserves to be some stubborn, but she is way past just stubborn.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Prayimg.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Praying for you and your sibling in a very difficult situation.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayi't ng for all involved.

I had to deal with the same thing a few years ago. The way we handled it was we got Mom and Dad to agree to live with my brother for a few weeks when Dad came out of rehab after a hospitalization but wasn't functional enough to go home. They ended up liking that "temporary" arrangement. A few weeks turned into a few years and we got it done without any major battles.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

I'm going through a similar situation with my 90 year old mom. Prayers sent for you and your family.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Prayer's sent
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Carl, I just left you a voicemail. We'll be praying g for you, your mom, your sister, and the whole situation.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Carl, my prayers are with your family. I went through this a couple of years ago and it is not easy
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I'm sorry. This is rough.
When my mother-in-law "moved in", it was July 2nd, 3 years ago. She'd been spending nights with us, but going back to her house during the day. Robert and I had gone to Salado for the day, for our anniversary, she called us 14, or more times that day....she would do that, she'd call for something minor, then forget that she'd called. We got back, swung by, picked her up and she never asked to go back home.

Now, for you....
I do like the idea of calling it temporary but trying to legthen the time. The "problem" if there is one, is that she's "all there" mentally. However, if she is all there mentally she needs to be made to understand that for her physically health she needs to move. You can involve Adult Protective services, but....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

My Mom was very resistant about giving up her own place. However, my Sis gradually had her spend more and more time at my Sisters home. My Sis and her husband had remodeled their home with a “ suite “ for my Mom in mind. Eventually it was my Mom’s idea to move in with my Sis. My Mom still has times when she misses her own place, but in the whole, she seems happy. My Mom is kept busy and active.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Prayers sent, and wish you the best !
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Sorry I'm so late seeing this post Carl. Your Mom is in my prayers.

Chas.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”