Widow Maker Heart Attack.

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Widow Maker Heart Attack.

Post by carlson1 »

Praying.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:37 pm Last summer, a trial insertion of a Spinal Cord Stimulator somehow went bad and I ended up quarantined, with heavy antibiotics every four hours, in the hospital with Bacterial Meningitis for 14 nights. A couple of Drs., my wife and one good lookin' nurse thought I was gonna' croak. I haven't yet. I'm a bunch older than you. The point is; if you're able to sit up and write, you're probably gonna' be okay. When it's our time, it is our time.

Good night and good luck.
BTW, I had a cardiac infarction in November of '14, rode in the ambulance to the ER and was released in a couple of days. If you can read this, you'll probably be ok.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Widowmaker is an informal term for a 100% blockage of the left anterior descending artery. This is one of the major vessels that provides blood to the heart itself and a total blockage there is often immediately fatal.If it's immediately treated and the blockage opened up quickly, damage to the heart is minimized and there are usually no lasting effects. Since you survived the initial event, you're most likely to get back to good health once you get over the immediate effects.

I had a close call with the same thing but my cardiologist found a 90% blockage in that same artery before it became completely closed off and put in a stent to reopen it. I was lucky.

I'm sending prayers for healing and continued good health your way!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

After going through a similar attack and prostate cancer, I do not feel any prayers are wasted so I am praying for you. Like others have said, do what the docs say to do.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

TreyHouston wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:48 pm If you think that was bad, wait to you get the bills :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
I believe the medical term is walletectomy!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I had two very close friends die in their 40's of a heart attack. I also have two very close friends that are now in their 60's that survived heart attacks. I'm glad you got medical attention in time. Praying and wishing you a complete recovery.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Like I keep telling a friend who has some health issues, "you're younger than me (his brother and I were in same high school class, he was two years behind), so you're not allowed to go first!" :nono:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

ELB

Post by ELB »

Yikes, best wishes Narcissist. That's a close one. Mend quickly!
USAF 1982-2005

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I don't know if this will apply to you, and it may sometime in the near future.... Having experienced a heart attack and cancer all within a year's time. (All healed up though). Is dealing with the emotional part of it all... The've even likened it to a mild form of PTSD.... I won't go into any great detail here, but just wanted to reach out and let you know that after all of your medical issues of late, if your feeling down, don't be afraid to seek out professional help.....

Many of the feelings that you may be going through are all normal and your not alone.... Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time...

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Holy cow man! Snake bite and your heart attack within 2 months of each other! Wow! Prayers sure sent your way my brother! You are to young to leave from this life. I'm 72 and if I can make it, so can you! Get well quick!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Prayers and best wishes for you!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Allons

Post by Allons »

Prayer's sent
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Prayers for your recovery and returning to full health. My wife had an event close to an infarction and the angiogram indicated her LAD was blocked. I her case I guess it's the "Widower Maker". Bypass surgery was required to go along with two earlier stents in other cardiac arteries. Be encouraged by her survival and others here. God Bless!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Sorry to hear about the heart attack, but happy to hear you pulled through!

I've seen stress do it to a number of people. Regardless, take it easy and keep posting!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”