RottenApple

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1


howdy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Katy

Re: RottenApple

#31

Post by howdy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:03 pm

Rottenapple was lucky. I too was luckey because they found my heart blockage before it killed me. Watch this video. It speaks to all of us more "aged" gentlemen.

Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979


RottenApple
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: RottenApple

#32

Post by RottenApple » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like they gave you Lisinopril.
Bingo! Never had it before and now it's in my records to never give it to me again. Besides, after the heart attack, and without the Lisinopril, my BP is now on the low side of normal. A fact that my cardiologist is absolutely thrilled with.


RottenApple
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: RottenApple

#33

Post by RottenApple » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:56 pm

howdy wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:03 pm
Rottenapple was lucky. I too was luckey because they found my heart blockage before it killed me. Watch this video. It speaks to all of us more "aged" gentlemen.

Yes, I was lucky. Extremely so. I had heard the term "Widowmaker", of course. But I never knew it referenced a particular "type" of heart attack. I almost left my Bride alone. If it wasn't for the cats.....

I'm very glad to hear you made it too. But I'm not "aged" by a long shot.

User avatar

Topic author
Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 6561
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: RottenApple

#34

Post by Pawpaw » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:01 pm

RottenApple wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:56 pm
I'm not "aged" by a long shot.
You're still a snot-nosed kid. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


RottenApple
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: RottenApple

#35

Post by RottenApple » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Pawpaw wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:01 pm
You're still a snot-nosed kid. ;-)
And you're still an old fart. Your point is?

LOL. Just glad I'm still here to be insulted by and insult you back.

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4709
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: RottenApple

#36

Post by ScottDLS » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:50 pm

RottenApple wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like they gave you Lisinopril.
Bingo! Never had it before and now it's in my records to never give it to me again. Besides, after the heart attack, and without the Lisinopril, my BP is now on the low side of normal. A fact that my cardiologist is absolutely thrilled with.
I took that about 10 years ago and dry hacking cough was one of the listed side effects. It's inexpensive, but there are other good BP medicines out there. However, the good news is with lifestyle changes you noted, you probably won't need any. About the same time I lost 60lb and changed jobs and lo and behold I had normal BP, labs, ekg, etc. Anyway great to hear you are doing well, best wishes and prayers your way,

-Scott
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1521
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: RottenApple

#37

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:12 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:50 pm
RottenApple wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like they gave you Lisinopril.
Bingo! Never had it before and now it's in my records to never give it to me again. Besides, after the heart attack, and without the Lisinopril, my BP is now on the low side of normal. A fact that my cardiologist is absolutely thrilled with.
I took that about 10 years ago and dry hacking cough was one of the listed side effects. It's inexpensive, but there are other good BP medicines out there. However, the good news is with lifestyle changes you noted, you probably won't need any. About the same time I lost 60lb and changed jobs and lo and behold I had normal BP, labs, ekg, etc. Anyway great to hear you are doing well, best wishes and prayers your way,

-Scott
There is a litany of well-known issues with Lisinopril out on the Googles. Something is being covered up about this nasty drug.

Post Reply

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”