In Baylor ER

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Re: In Baylor ER

Post by Keith B »

Prayers for you guys. Hopefully the symptoms will stay relatively mild and you will be OK.

I am currently in isolation due to a friend (maybe former friend :mad5 ) who I regularly eat lunch with not telling me he had some mild symptoms and had gotten tested the day before we had lunch together. He’s now tested positive on two tests.

Now I have to wait until I can get a PCR test after 5 days and hopefully get a negative result back. :totap:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Oh my! Just seeing this. Sending prayers that you have a speedy recover. Any updates to this? I see that it's been a few days since he's responsed.

I to am also "at risk" with previously having a heart attack a little over 4 years ago, bypass surgery shortly afterwards, and a stent last September. I'm terrified of COVID at this point and have had friends and family get it and had weeks of recovery. I'm thankful that my job allows me to work from home but my girlfriend works in a school so I'm not completely safe.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

I am back!!! My wife made it through like a champ. They took me from Baylor at Irving (went back to ER) they transferred me to Baylor at Plano. I am on oxygen for now, but at home. I have went from 4 liters to 2 liters now.

Your prayers are so much appreciated.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Glad to hear the update and thank the Lord ya'll are doing better!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:17 pm I am back!!! My wife made it through like a champ. They took me from Baylor at Irving (went back to ER) they transferred me to Baylor at Plano. I am on oxygen for now, but at home. I have went from 4 liters to 2 liters now.

Your prayers are so much appreciated.
That is VERY good news!!! :anamatedbanana
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

That's GREAT news, Carl. Keep fighting!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Glad to hear Carlson, I have been concerned, since I wasn't able to get updates. Continued prayers.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

You are always in my prayers Carl
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

Glad to hear that ya'll are doing better!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Glad to hear you are better and Mary is doing well. Prayers do work!

I did have Covid prior to Christmas. Luckily my symptoms were pretty minor. Got out of quarantine Christmas Day and went to th in-laws house. My sister-in-law was avoiding me like I had the plague, but I told her I was clear. The next morning (Saturday) she woke up with a slight fever and feeling bad. She went and got tested and was positive. She and her family all got exposed at her husbands family Christmas on Tuesday before Christmas. Apparently someone there was asymptomatic. So, with their party and then our Christmas gathering, we ended up having about 20 total people come down positive with symptoms 🥺. Luckily, everyone has had minor issues, and no respiratory problems. Worst problems have been with my wife’s parents, who are mid-to-late 80’s. They have been fatigued and had stomach distress, so won’t eat like they should. Have to make sure they get nutrition and stay hydrated.

Anyway, that’s how easy it is to spread to a bunch of people quickly, even if you have no symptoms. 😔
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Keith B wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:34 pm Glad to hear you are better and Mary is doing well. Prayers do work!

I did have Covid prior to Christmas. Luckily my symptoms were pretty minor. Got out of quarantine Christmas Day and went to th in-laws house. My sister-in-law was avoiding me like I had the plague, but I told her I was clear. The next morning (Saturday) she woke up with a slight fever and feeling bad. She went and got tested and was positive. She and her family all got exposed at her husbands family Christmas on Tuesday before Christmas. Apparently someone there was asymptomatic. So, with their party and then our Christmas gathering, we ended up having about 20 total people come down positive with symptoms 🥺. Luckily, everyone has had minor issues, and no respiratory problems. Worst problems have been with my wife’s parents, who are mid-to-late 80’s. They have been fatigued and had stomach distress, so won’t eat like they should. Have to make sure they get nutrition and stay hydrated.

Anyway, that’s how easy it is to spread to a bunch of people quickly, even if you have no symptoms. 😔
That story sounds like what happened to my family. Thankfully, I was not part of their grand family get together at Thanksgiving. All of the fifteen or so, including my 79 year old mother, who got exposed recovered just fine except my younger brother. He is 54. His lungs have been damaged by covid and is facing possible lung surgery to cauterize the areas that won't stop bleeding. His best case scenario is that he spends the rest of his life on an inhaler like an asthma patient. Covid is very random in whom it affects the worse.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Glad you are doing better Carl! Keep up the good work!

Joe

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”