IDPA Classifier this weekend: Advice?

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Reds45ACP
Posts in topic: 1

IDPA Classifier this weekend: Advice?

Post by Reds45ACP »

I will shoot my second classifier this coming Sunday the 9th. I am looking for stage advice. I'm fairly accurate but I tend to sacrifice speed for accuracy. I'm working on keeping those "Ones" from bugging me so much and trying to keep-up my speed.

I don't know if it matters but I am shooting a Glock 21 and I'm left-handed.
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

JALLEN

Re: IDPA Classifier this weekend: Advice?

Post by JALLEN »

Howdy southpaw.

What SEALS say is "slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Don't rush, make good shots. The time will take care of itself.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Especially on the long shots, you cannot miss fast enough to make up for the points down. I'll be more aggressive on the closer shots but more careful about my sight picture on the longer shots.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

A lot of Dryfire practice at home . Wear your competition equipment around your house, use snap caps, and praticice shooting around walls. Draw from the holster, go through each shot that you will make. Youtube has some videos on the classifier that are helpful.

Classifier day: Then just carry out what you practiced and don't let missed shots get to you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's amazing how many folks tank the third state. I'm convinced that scores would be much higher if we shot the course in reverse.

1. Don't miss the close range head shots. Not only do you lose points, it messes you up mentally;
2. Slow down and get your hits on the 3rd stage. Stages 1 and 2 have you shooting fast and it's hard to make the transition to longer shots.

Chas.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”