IDPA Pistol Caliber Carbine Classifier

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

IDPA Pistol Caliber Carbine Classifier

Post by Paladin »

Anyone try the current IDPA Pistol Caliber Carbine Classifier?

Looks easier to run than the old one, as the distances are only 15-25 yards. Perhaps a fun way to practice certain carbine skills?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Paladin

Re: IDPA Pistol Caliber Carbine Classifier

Post by Paladin »

Tried the new PCC classifier out with an airsoft AEG. It was a decent test of carbine skills. Really needed some support side barricade practice. Even with irons and the limitations of airsoft accuracy it wasn't too difficult shooting 1/3 scale targets. Will run it next time with an actual pistol caliber carbine to see how it goes. I'm guessing I'll be faster with an EOTech.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Ran the PCC classifier live fire twice today. It was a respectable skills test. Surprised that it was somewhat more difficult with live fire and full sized targets. With Airsoft I could hit master without much effort, but live fire balancing the accuracy with time was more of a challenge and only hit expert. There are certainly some seconds I could shave off, but have to make sure I don't give up any accuracy while doing it.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Checking the tables again, it appears I was looking at the wrong one. For the actual PCC Master is 56 or less, so I made the cut. Makes sense, because EOTECH vs Airsoft irons says I should do better with EOTECH.

Return to “Competitive Shooting”