IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Six Olympic Medals for USA Shooting, Best Performance Since 1964

Post by Paladin »

Six Olympic Medals for USA Shooting, Best Performance Since 1964

It's awesome to see the USA Shooting team overcome adversity and have a great year at the Olympics! :patriot:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Six Olympic Medals for USA Shooting, Best Performance Since 1964

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:08 pm Six Olympic Medals for USA Shooting, Best Performance Since 1964

It's awesome to see the USA Shooting team overcome adversity and have a great year at the Olympics! :patriot:
:patriot:

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Absolutely marvelous. Yet did not hear one word on NBC coverage about this and only caught a couple of snippets of photos of trap. Congrats to all team members regardless of their finishing position.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Had a conversation with a mildly anti-gun friend last weekend. She didn't think using guns was a sport. I asked her to name one other item of sporting equipment--and not including peripheral stuff like helmets--besides guns that was used in both the Summer and Winter Olympic Games. I had to explain about biathlon, but she couldn't come up with an answer.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:44 am Had a conversation with a mildly anti-gun friend last weekend. She didn't think using guns was a sport. I asked her to name one other item of sporting equipment--and not including peripheral stuff like helmets--besides guns that was used in both the Summer and Winter Olympic Games. I had to explain about biathlon, but she couldn't come up with an answer.
Absence of the sport from the media is part of the blatant, illegitimate propaganda effort demonizing firearms.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Lena

Post by Lena »

I attended a world class shoot 3 years there was a write up in the local paper on pace 3 very small and not much on tv on it yet rooms were booked for 2 hours out almost a year to stay, most every main street had welcome shooters signs and so did eating places but that was all for the area income, that was in Vandalia Ohio, way before LTC CHL during these times it was nothing to see shooters crossing National Road with guns to go eat something, deemed the largest sporting event attended in the world, my 1st day had over 6000 shooters in attendance lasting over a week, they had to relocate it due to get more local rooms for shooters as it just got to large.
Stay Safe

Return to “Competitive Shooting”