2007 Texas State Match (IDPA)

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
AggieMM
Posts in topic: 2

2007 Texas State Match (IDPA)

Post by AggieMM »

The application to the 2007 Texas State match (IDPA) is now available to those interested:

2007 Texas State Match (INFO)

2007 Application

As some of you may or may not know, Collin County IDPA is hosting this match after a long successful run by PSC-IDPA. So for the regulars, it's now in North Texas (Greenville).

Ryan

age_ranger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by age_ranger »

What are the requirements for going to a state match?

I can't seem to get a classifier done.....if only the weather would change :sad: If I can get classified, I'll go.......

never mind:

This match is open to all currently-classified IDPA members with a classification of Marksman or above.

I've been shooting for about 6 months on/off. Would it be a waste of time for me to go? I don't see myself as being very competetive at such an event, but would like to give it a shot.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Piney
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Piney »

Greetings--

You said that you've been shooting ...."I've been shooting for about 6 months on/off". Have you shot a few IDPA matches ?

If you havent shot several in several IDPA matches yet, I suggest going and watching the State match. If you've been shooting in matches and feel comfortable-- sure go ahead and compete. For me some of shooting in a match is competition-- some of its just fun- go and enjoy.

I dont know where you're from, but the LA State Match is being held on 10 March. Its held just east of Bossier City. Come out and watch or shoot-- mabye this year it wont rain !!

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

How many people go? I've been shooting firearms for about 25 yrs but have only shot IDPA for about 6 months. Talk about finding out how "little" you know.........I've learned alot shooting IDPA. Anyway, I think I'll go. Should be alot of fun. I'll have to hit a classifier before then..... The last one at Elm Fork got rained out, so I'm waiting patiently for a re-schedule.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jbirds1210 »

My application is printed and will be mailed out in the next couple of days :grin: I hope to shoot with some of you guys.

AR- I watched the state match last year......I aint doing that again! Just pay your fee and get ready for some fun. The only way to improve is to practice and hang out with people better than you. Think of it as a training session with an expensive entry fee :shock:
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Topic author
AggieMM
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AggieMM »

Sanctioned matches are fun, and a great place to watch and learn from some of the best shooters around. Personally, I think anyone with limited exposure to IDPA (as long as they have some local match experience and are properly classified) would enjoy the match. But you have a long time between now and June, so hit 2-3 local matches a month, and you'll be ready for the State Match. :grin:

Ryan
Last edited by AggieMM on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

Just what I wanted to hear. I usually shoot 2-3 matches a month but lately its been slow with the weather and work. I'm gonna have to set up an airsoft range in the garage if this keeps up!!

Return to “Competitive Shooting”