PSC Monthly IDPA match

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
MegaWatt
Posts in topic: 5

PSC Monthly IDPA match

Post by MegaWatt »

The registration is open for the monthly IDPA match, 28 July, at PSC in Friendswood. http://www.psc-range.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MegaWatt

NRA Endowment Life
TSRA Life
IHMSA
IDPA

Colt - The original "Point and Click" device.

gwashorn
Posts in topic: 2

Re: PSC Monthly IDPA match

Post by gwashorn »

Another great match, it was HOT and tough but great time. Good scenarios too. Thanks Charles and all the team.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

If you're not a member out at PSC (I was for two years in the past though) can you still come out to watch IDPA? I think I'd like to get back on the waiting list to rejoin out there, but in the meantime I wouldn't mind watching some matches prior to competing in IDPA.

Topic author
MegaWatt

Post by MegaWatt »

xb12s wrote:If you're not a member out at PSC (I was for two years in the past though) can you still come out to watch IDPA? I think I'd like to get back on the waiting list to rejoin out there, but in the meantime I wouldn't mind watching some matches prior to competing in IDPA.
You don't have to be a PSC member to shoot the IDPA match. There is a non-member fee. When you pre-register for the match you'll get a code to get into the gate good for that match. If you just want to watch, contact Charles Cotton/ match director on the PSC website and let him know.

Why watch when you can participate?
MegaWatt

NRA Endowment Life
TSRA Life
IHMSA
IDPA

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

I've never done IDPA before so I'd like to watch once to get an idea about what's involved.

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

xb12s wrote:I've never done IDPA before so I'd like to watch once to get an idea about what's involved.
I made that mistake the first time. Come watch but you will wish you had shot and not wasted missing that shoot. You will do fine, it is fun, great people and worth trying out.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Topic author
MegaWatt

Post by MegaWatt »

gwashorn wrote:
xb12s wrote:I've never done IDPA before so I'd like to watch once to get an idea about what's involved.
I made that mistake the first time. Come watch but you will wish you had shot and not wasted missing that shoot. You will do fine, it is fun, great people and worth trying out.
Every month there's a wide variety of shooters from seasoned veterans (old) to first timers so you'd be with others of your level along with more experienced folks to show you what's going on.
Come on, Just do it!

We haven't bitten anybody in what,,,,, 7 -8 months ? :biggrinjester:
MegaWatt

NRA Endowment Life
TSRA Life
IHMSA
IDPA

Rhino1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rhino1 »

I've been shooting IDPA for a little over 3 years. I wanted to go out with a friend who shot matches and watch first but he kept being out of town. I just showed up for my first match and did fine. I tell new shooters, safety is first and accuracy is second. Take the time to get a good sight picture and make the shot. Speed will come with time and practice. "You can't shoot fast enough to make up a miss". IDPA has some heavy penalties for inaccuracy (as do other action shooting sports, e.g. newest Multi gun scoring rules).

Come out and have fun.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Rhino1 wrote:I've been shooting IDPA for a little over 3 years. I wanted to go out with a friend who shot matches and watch first but he kept being out of town. I just showed up for my first match and did fine. I tell new shooters, safety is first and accuracy is second. Take the time to get a good sight picture and make the shot. Speed will come with time and practice. "You can't shoot fast enough to make up a miss". IDPA has some heavy penalties for inaccuracy (as do other action shooting sports, e.g. newest Multi gun scoring rules).

Come out and have fun.
:iagree:

Hit YouTube and do a search on IDPA. You'll find all kinds of videos of matches that will give you a good idea of various types of stages and courses of fire. Then browse through the IDPA rule book, available at http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf, to get an idea of regulations and range commands. You'll be all set to go shoot your first match!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Z1166
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Z1166 »

Do they shoot in the rain at the PSC monthly match? 30% chance this Saturday. Never been there but looking forward to the match.

Also, do you have to be a registered IDPA member to participate?
:fire :reddevil

Topic author
MegaWatt

Post by MegaWatt »

Z1166 wrote:Do they shoot in the rain at the PSC monthly match? 30% chance this Saturday. Never been there but looking forward to the match.

If it's raining it's usually canceled. Don't want anybody slipping with a loaded gun in their hand. Check the http://WWW.PSC-RANGE.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website if it's questionable.

For the first time you don't need to join IDPA but after that you should get an IDPA card. You'll have so much fun you'll want to join anyway! :woohoo
MegaWatt

NRA Endowment Life
TSRA Life
IHMSA
IDPA

Z1166
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Z1166 »

MegaWatt wrote:
Z1166 wrote:Do they shoot in the rain at the PSC monthly match? 30% chance this Saturday. Never been there but looking forward to the match.

If it's raining it's usually canceled. Don't want anybody slipping with a loaded gun in their hand. Check the http://WWW.PSC-RANGE.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website if it's questionable.

For the first time you don't need to join IDPA but after that you should get an IDPA card. You'll have so much fun you'll want to join anyway! :woohoo
What happens to the registration money if the event is cancelled?
:fire :reddevil

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Z1166 wrote:What happens to the registration money if the event is cancelled?
It would be refunded. With 100 people, I really hope I don't have to do that!

Chas.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Couldn't you just give us the option of rolling our registration over to the September match?
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

TxD

Post by TxD »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
It would be much easier to divide it up between the SO's. :reddevil
Black Rifles Matter

Return to “Competitive Shooting”