IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Sangiovese
Posts in topic: 2

DFWShooters.org forum?

Post by Sangiovese »

Hello,

I was looking at the cross timbers website trying to get as much info as I can about possibly starting to shoot IDPA and thought I would scope out their forums. So I followed the link on their page and it took me to the dfwshooters.org forums.

I signed up and got an email saying that an administrator would have to activate my account. It's been about a week and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas who I would talk to about that?

I'm sure that I'm going to have tons of newbie questions when I show up anyway... but would like to do whatever research I can ahead of time to minimize the number of dumb questions I have to ask. :)

By the way.. I did email the info email address for cross timbers about it, and they said the forum was separate and they couldn't help with that. Seemed strange since the forum is accessed from the navigation menu on their page...

DonP
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DonP »

I can't help with the DFWShooters forum or site, but I can recommend the Colin County IDPA site at
http://www.ccidpa.org/
This is a great reference for new shooters and IDPA matches in general.
Check out the "newcomers" section. Also some of the best classifier tips available.

Great club, with regular, first class matches, and great people, too.

Don P

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

That forum isn't the official Cross Timbers forum for sharing information about Cross Timbers. You have to be a member of one of several shooting clubs in the DFW area to get in. Even then, it took me like 5-6 attempts to get my login approved. Your best bet is to post your questions here. Several Cross Timbers members post here. You can sign up on the other forum later when someone vouches for you.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I didn't have any problem registering there. Try to PM HighVelocity on here. Maybe he can help you with that.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I have no control over how dfwshooters.org is run. The owner has been generous to Cross Timbers by allowing us to link to his sight and creating a CTIDPA area for us.
Your registration probably just fell through the cracks. Email the webmaster for that board and let him know you are having trouble. Here is the email address dfwmiket@comcast.net
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Topic author
Sangiovese
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sangiovese »

Thanks guys. I'll send an email to that address and see if that gets me anywhere. I'll probably be back here with some questions before too long as well :)

Return to “Competitive Shooting”