QUIT CHANGING THE RULES!!!!

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 1

QUIT CHANGING THE RULES!!!!

Post by TEX »

Anyone know if the Springfield Armory ED4 Contour of the Springfield XD will fit into the CCP box. Online measurements indicate they are both 1/8 inch too tall - bur yet Bill Wilson double stack 9mm is just right (can you say bull hockey - the fix is in). I think people are leaving IDPA because they get tired of buying a gun for a particular division and then having it bounced out of that division because of changes in the rules. USPSA is starting to look better all the time. Is the right person running IDPA? Does that person even shoot any more.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Lena
Posts in topic: 5

Re: QUIT CHANGING THE RULES!!!!

Post by Lena »

I left IDPA and having much more fun shooting protection type matches, some with 2nd gun, never go back, 1 IPSC match opened my eyes to the dumb rules. To me I see more leaving than new shooters joining.
Stay Safe

extremist

Post by extremist »

TEX wrote:Anyone know if the Springfield Armory ED4 Contour of the Springfield XD will fit into the CCP box. Online measurements indicate they are both 1/8 inch too tall - bur yet Bill Wilson double stack 9mm is just right (can you say bull hockey - the fix is in). I think people are leaving IDPA because they get tired of buying a gun for a particular division and then having it bounced out of that division because of changes in the rules. USPSA is starting to look better all the time. Is the right person running IDPA? Does that person even shoot any more.
If you are talking about the EDC X9 from Wilson, it in fact does NOT fit the CCP box.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Come shoot at DPC. What is IDPA? :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Lena

Post by Lena »

The reload rules and others gun models are what I saw most negatives about, even our club dropped it, IDPA was fun for along time I admit just a game and a big money maker for Mr Wilson. I do not ever plan on rejoining, one thing for sure when I leave the house today I sure will not down load to 10! I made a mistake here being a very special day Dad's Swenson 1911 gets to go today and G32 gets a rest. His old Seventree's holster and all will make the trip today. I doubt many here ever heard of A Swenson guns.
Stay Safe

cedarparkdad987
Banned

Post by cedarparkdad987 »

I enjoy IDPA, USPSA, and to a lesser extent Steel Challenge. They are all games, and have slightly different focuses. The SSP 10+ is the same as Production/Limited 10 in USPSA, and takes that away as a competitive variable.

I like the 2017 rules overall (even becoming an SO). They incorporate USPSA items that people liked (fault lines and loads in the open/on move) while retaining the IDPA focus (more weight on accuracy, rules keeping the athletic side of it to a moderate level), so I enjoy it. USPSA keeps its run and gun focus. Both are different and fun. :tiphat:

Albany Ham Scam

Post by Albany Ham Scam »

TEX wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:24 pmUSPSA is starting to look better all the time.
The last IDPA sanctioned match I shot, the rulebook had just changed. Even some of the SOs didn't know the rules. I quit shooting it shortly thereafter and switched entirely to USPSA. Truth be told, I don't miss it at all.

Though I'm told that IDPA has gotten better now that it has fault lines. And the flat-footed reload rule went away a few years ago I guess.

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Lena wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:28 am The reload rules and others gun models are what I saw most negatives about, even our club dropped it, IDPA was fun for along time I admit just a game and a big money maker for Mr Wilson. I do not ever plan on rejoining, one thing for sure when I leave the house today I sure will not down load to 10! I made a mistake here being a very special day Dad's Swenson 1911 gets to go today and G32 gets a rest. His old Seventree's holster and all will make the trip today. I doubt many here ever heard of A Swenson guns.
I have heard of both, a good friend is a custom pistol smith for over 30 years. He has talked about Swenson guns. I have never been able to shoot one though. Hope you had a awesome day. :tiphat:
Truth against the world

Lena

Post by Lena »

Thank you for the remembrance of my father's 1911. The few times I have taken it around a gun crowd very few have heard of that, then notice the S&W K Frame sights, 5-6 years ago I carried it and we stopped in a gun store so locked in the truck they were showing a 1911 they got in and my friend mentioned Swenson oh they professed to know all about them they asked me to bring it in and were very surprised they were trying to buy it for 5-600 seriously! I have also had a Hoag and a Kings 1911. I made expert with the Swenson in my old bullseye days, I never remember 1 malfunction. I still have several boxes of Super Vel ammo he used in it.
Stay Safe

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I and my club dropped IDPA a few years ago. Too many dumb rules. I think for us it was when they said you could no longer perform magazine changes when moving behind cover. I'm sure there were other changes that were also factors at that time. That wasn't the only one, but it sure was dumb.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

Lena wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:26 pm I left IDPA and having much more fun shooting protection type matches, some with 2nd gun, never go back, 1 IPSC match opened my eyes to the dumb rules. To me I see more leaving than new shooters joining.
What do you mean by "protection type matches"?
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

mloamiller wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:13 pm
Lena wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:26 pm I left IDPA and having much more fun shooting protection type matches, some with 2nd gun, never go back, 1 IPSC match opened my eyes to the dumb rules. To me I see more leaving than new shooters joining.
For the few matches in my club I’ve been able to enter it means a bit more realistic rules. Reload when you want. No more downloading your gun. If it holds 13, 15, 17, or whatever, load it up. Same with spare mags. I’m sure there were more, but like I said I haven’t been able to enter a match in quite a while. At least a year or so.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lena

Post by Lena »

mloamiller wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:13 pm
What was said if you carry do you down load? Would you replace a mag anytime you wished to in any way possible? Would you worry if your pistol did not fit somebodies wood box? I doubt it. Never go back to IDPA and yes I did love it at 1st shooting 1+ matches a week, also more range Nazi's in IDPA it seemed. I shot some BUG guns for years that were legal then NOPE. IPSC open my eyes and PP matches are close to it. Go try one at DPC you will go back I just wish I lived closer. Rather wish they were closer to me NO wish to ever live in Dallas again.
Stay Safe

Lena

Post by Lena »

Andy dad bought it in 68-69 I think when I was in VNam and teased me with pictures of it, Colt GM sent to AS, hard chrome finish, S&W K frame sights milled in slide, I never ever remember 1 malfunction, I made Expert in NRA Bullseye with that and my S&W 41 22 rf. I carry it every month or so and last month shot a match with it. I have also had Kings GS and Hoag 1911's, 1911 poor here, 6-7 more! And carry a Glock 32 daily usually! I probably shoot my STI best.

I see your FAL picture so I will share a sad story, I had a Herstal Belgium FAL stolen in the late 70's all original select fire, never heard a word from it.
Stay Safe

Return to “Competitive Shooting”