2 Gun

IDPA, IPSC, ICORE & More!

Moderator: carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
bobby
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: HOUSTON
Contact:

2 Gun

#1

Post by bobby » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 pm

I’m in southwest Houston is there a 2 Gun match here? Like
:txflag:

Vetus Crassus Holsters.


LTUME1978
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: 2 Gun

#2

Post by LTUME1978 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm

We don't have 2 gun but we do have carbine matches at PSC on the 1st Saturday of the month. Non members are welcome. They are a lot of fun and challenging. We shoot from 50 yards to 300 yards. Lots of reactive targets (dueling tree, plate racks, Texas star, poppers, etc.). Paper targets as well. July and August we will be doing clinics because of the heat (let people use the range to work on areas that need improvement, improve sight settings etc.). These are actually very useful and people enjoy them. We will start back up with the matches in September. Come on out and give it a try. You will be tested.


Topic author
bobby
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: HOUSTON
Contact:

Re: 2 Gun

#3

Post by bobby » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 pm

Yep I’ve thought about that. Looks like fun
:txflag:

Vetus Crassus Holsters.


LTUME1978
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: 2 Gun

#4

Post by LTUME1978 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 am

I forgot to mention that there are 3 gun matches held on the second Saturday at Impact Zone. Look at the WHIDPA web site for more information on that. I think there may be something at Thunder on the north side but can't confirm and don't know anyone involved with that.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2836
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: 2 Gun

#5

Post by SQLGeek » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 am

LTUME1978 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm
We don't have 2 gun but we do have carbine matches at PSC on the 1st Saturday of the month. Non members are welcome. They are a lot of fun and challenging. We shoot from 50 yards to 300 yards. Lots of reactive targets (dueling tree, plate racks, Texas star, poppers, etc.). Paper targets as well. July and August we will be doing clinics because of the heat (let people use the range to work on areas that need improvement, improve sight settings etc.). These are actually very useful and people enjoy them. We will start back up with the matches in September. Come on out and give it a try. You will be tested.
Do you know when registration gets posted for these? I'd like to attend one of the clinics.
Psalm 91:2


Sport Coach
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 2 Gun

#6

Post by Sport Coach » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:39 am

There is also run and gun, in effect a 2 gun rifle and pistol but is distinctly more physical. Impact Zone I understand is to have one or two this year and at least one near Waco.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides


Topic author
bobby
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: HOUSTON
Contact:

Re: 2 Gun

#7

Post by bobby » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Nice I’m working on weight now. And wanted something fun to add to what I’m doing.
:txflag:

Vetus Crassus Holsters.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2836
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: 2 Gun

#8

Post by SQLGeek » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Sport Coach wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:39 am
There is also run and gun, in effect a 2 gun rifle and pistol but is distinctly more physical. Impact Zone I understand is to have one or two this year and at least one near Waco.
That's good to hear. Do you know how long the Impact Zone course will be?
Psalm 91:2


LTUME1978
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Alvin, TX

Re: 2 Gun

#9

Post by LTUME1978 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:01 pm

SQLGeek wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 am
LTUME1978 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm
We don't have 2 gun but we do have carbine matches at PSC on the 1st Saturday of the month. Non members are welcome. They are a lot of fun and challenging. We shoot from 50 yards to 300 yards. Lots of reactive targets (dueling tree, plate racks, Texas star, poppers, etc.). Paper targets as well. July and August we will be doing clinics because of the heat (let people use the range to work on areas that need improvement, improve sight settings etc.). These are actually very useful and people enjoy them. We will start back up with the matches in September. Come on out and give it a try. You will be tested.
Do you know when registration gets posted for these? I'd like to attend one of the clinics.
Registration opens the Saturday before the event and closes on the Thursday evening before the event (I think at 6 PM). Go to the PSC Gun Club website and look for "Event Registration" then find the event for the AR match. You sign up and pay online. The clinics will have no formal training but will give you a chance to work on a number of different things. There are people there that will be glad to help out however they can.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2836
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: 2 Gun

#10

Post by SQLGeek » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:56 am

Excellent, thanks!
Psalm 91:2


Sport Coach
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 2 Gun

#11

Post by Sport Coach » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:36 pm

SQLGeek wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 pm
Sport Coach wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:39 am
There is also run and gun, in effect a 2 gun rifle and pistol but is distinctly more physical. Impact Zone I understand is to have one or two this year and at least one near Waco.
That's good to hear. Do you know how long the Impact Zone course will be?
I tried to find more information but couldn't. I had heard it from one of the WHIDPA members earlier this year. Try contacting them. You can also try https://www.wtfbiathlon.com/biathlon
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Post Reply

Return to “Competitive Shooting”