2 Gun

Post by bobby »

I’m in southwest Houston is there a 2 Gun match here? Like
:txflag:

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 2 Gun

Post by LTUME1978 »

We don't have 2 gun but we do have carbine matches at PSC on the 1st Saturday of the month. Non members are welcome. They are a lot of fun and challenging. We shoot from 50 yards to 300 yards. Lots of reactive targets (dueling tree, plate racks, Texas star, poppers, etc.). Paper targets as well. July and August we will be doing clinics because of the heat (let people use the range to work on areas that need improvement, improve sight settings etc.). These are actually very useful and people enjoy them. We will start back up with the matches in September. Come on out and give it a try. You will be tested.

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Yep I’ve thought about that. Looks like fun

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

I forgot to mention that there are 3 gun matches held on the second Saturday at Impact Zone. Look at the WHIDPA web site for more information on that. I think there may be something at Thunder on the north side but can't confirm and don't know anyone involved with that.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

LTUME1978 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm We don't have 2 gun but we do have carbine matches at PSC on the 1st Saturday of the month. Non members are welcome. They are a lot of fun and challenging. We shoot from 50 yards to 300 yards. Lots of reactive targets (dueling tree, plate racks, Texas star, poppers, etc.). Paper targets as well. July and August we will be doing clinics because of the heat (let people use the range to work on areas that need improvement, improve sight settings etc.). These are actually very useful and people enjoy them. We will start back up with the matches in September. Come on out and give it a try. You will be tested.
Do you know when registration gets posted for these? I'd like to attend one of the clinics.
Psalm 91:2

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sport Coach »

There is also run and gun, in effect a 2 gun rifle and pistol but is distinctly more physical. Impact Zone I understand is to have one or two this year and at least one near Waco.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Nice I’m working on weight now. And wanted something fun to add to what I’m doing.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Sport Coach wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:39 am There is also run and gun, in effect a 2 gun rifle and pistol but is distinctly more physical. Impact Zone I understand is to have one or two this year and at least one near Waco.
That's good to hear. Do you know how long the Impact Zone course will be?

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

SQLGeek wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 am
LTUME1978 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm We don't have 2 gun but we do have carbine matches at PSC on the 1st Saturday of the month. Non members are welcome. They are a lot of fun and challenging. We shoot from 50 yards to 300 yards. Lots of reactive targets (dueling tree, plate racks, Texas star, poppers, etc.). Paper targets as well. July and August we will be doing clinics because of the heat (let people use the range to work on areas that need improvement, improve sight settings etc.). These are actually very useful and people enjoy them. We will start back up with the matches in September. Come on out and give it a try. You will be tested.
Do you know when registration gets posted for these? I'd like to attend one of the clinics.
Registration opens the Saturday before the event and closes on the Thursday evening before the event (I think at 6 PM). Go to the PSC Gun Club website and look for "Event Registration" then find the event for the AR match. You sign up and pay online. The clinics will have no formal training but will give you a chance to work on a number of different things. There are people there that will be glad to help out however they can.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Excellent, thanks!

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sport Coach »

SQLGeek wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 pm
Sport Coach wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:39 am There is also run and gun, in effect a 2 gun rifle and pistol but is distinctly more physical. Impact Zone I understand is to have one or two this year and at least one near Waco.
That's good to hear. Do you know how long the Impact Zone course will be?
I tried to find more information but couldn't. I had heard it from one of the WHIDPA members earlier this year. Try contacting them. You can also try https://www.wtfbiathlon.com/biathlon
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

remington79
Posts in topic: 1

Post by remington79 »

To bring a thread back from the dead but I have recently been wondering the same thing. I’ve just discovered the YouTube channel the OP posted and I’ve become interested in 2 gun matches too. I like how every one they go to is completely different.

I don’t have any interest in 3 gun matches. There’s too much shotgun shooting and all I have is a 24 in barreled Mossberg 500. Plus there’s a lot of emphasis on shotgun shooting in 3 gun so I’m just plain not interested. Is there anything like this in the Nacogdoches area?
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Lena
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lena »

The shotgun in my favorite of all just different people all it is.
Stay Safe

Return to “Competitive Shooting”